Weight Watchers Easy Recipe: Skinny Lemon Triple Berry Fool
(154 calories | 5 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
A traditional fruit fool is one of the simplest desserts ever. All you need to do is gently swirl together pureed lightly sweetened fruit and whipped cream.
And since either fresh or frozen fruit will work, you can make them any time you want a quick and easy no-cook dessert.
This skinny lemon triple berry fool is based on a recipe I saw in one of my favorite cookbooks of the year, 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness , by Camilla Saulsbury.
It swaps out the whipped cream for thick and luscious, non-fat plain Greek yogurt.
Skinny on Lemon Triple Berry Fool
I used a combination of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries I had in the freezer with nice results.
But feel free to experiment with other berries and/or or juicy fruits. And use whatever citrus juice/zest you think would work best.
You can also turn this into the British dessert, Eton Mess, by adding some crushed meringues.
We found this skinny lemon triple berry fool light and refreshing, but next time I’m going to skip the optional mint.
You may also need a little extra agave/sweetener if you’re not in love with the tanginess of plain Greek yogurt.
Be sure to taste and adjust the sweetener to suit your tastes before serving.
According to my calculations each Skinny Lemon Triple Berry Fool has about 154 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:If you like this easy recipe for skinny lemon triple berry fool, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly dessert recipes including Light & Easy No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits, Low-Calorie Banana “Ice Cream”, Low-Fat Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler, Skinny Berry Ricotta Tiramisu Parfaits and Skinny Summer Berry Terrine
If you’ve made this Low-Fat Berry Fool, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Lemon Triple Berry Fool Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries (I used a combination of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint (optional) (next time I'll skip it)
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey, divided
- 2 cups non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, mash the berries wit the mint and 1 tablespoon of the honey.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the yogurt, remaining 3 tablespoons honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice, until smooth and well blended.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the berries for topping.
- Gently fold the remaining berries into the yogurt mixture, creating a marbled effect.
- Taste and adjust sweetener to suit your tastes before serving, adding a little more if necessary.
- Divide the mixture evenly among four small glasses or glass dessert dishes. Top with the reserved mashed berries.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: slightly adapted from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This brief video shows another way to make Fresh Berry Fool (using raspberries, strawberries and blackberries):
Links to more Weight Watchers Friendly Berry Recipes
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Skinny Strawberry Almond Crumble
- Skinny Strawberry Rice Pudding
- Skinny Strawberry Yogurt Granola Parfaits
- Ellie Krieger’s Light Creamy Ricotta Cheesecake with Fresh Berries
- Skinny Triple Berry Cobbler
- Skinny Raspberry Squares
- Weight Watchers Mixed Berry Crumble (Weight Watchers)
- How to Make Eton Mess (Enlightened Cooking)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!