I'm excited to share this easy single serving strawberry meringue mousse. All you need is four ingredients to stir together this satisfying low calorie dessert.
It's creamy and fruity, with a satisfying crunch from cookie crumbs. It makes one serving but can easily be multiplied for more.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Easy Skinny Strawberry Mousse?
According to my calculations, this single serve recipe has just 85 calories.
How to Make Low Calorie Strawberry Meringue Mousse
Step 1: Gather and prep your ingredients:
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light whipped topping (such as Cool Whip or Tru Whip)
- 2-½ tablespoons crushed vanilla meringue cookies (about ⅔ of one 2-inch cookie)
Step 2: Stir together strawberries and yogurt in a bowl. Gently fold in the whipped topping just until blended.
Step 3: Spoon half of strawberry mixture into a glass or dessert dish. Top with 2 tablespoons of the cookie crumbs. Top with remaining strawberry mixture and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
Recipe Notes, Variations and Substitutions
Though written for one serving, this recipe can be easily multiplied. To maintain the delightful creamy and crunchy contrast it is best enjoyed within a short time of making.
For best results be sure to use very ripe strawberries. Look for firm, shiny, bright red berries with no white areas at the top, which would indicates that they are underripe.
Any sweet juicy fruit will work such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or peaches.
Stir in a little of your favorite non calorie sweetener.
Any coarsely crumbled crunchy cookie will work in place of the meringues—biscotti, amaretti, crispy chocolate chip, crispy coconut, gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, etc.
If you've made this Skinny Strawberry Meringue Mousse (aka Eton Mess), please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low Calorie Strawberry Meringue Mousse
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light whipped topping (such as Cool Whip and Tru-Whip)
- 2-½ tablespoons coarsely crushed meringue cookies (about ⅔ of one 2-inch cookie)
- Stir together strawberries and yogurt in large bowl; gently fold in whipped topping just until blended.
- Spoon half of strawberry mixture into a glass or dessert dish. Top each with the 2 tablespoons of the cookie crumbs. Top with remaining strawberry mixture and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
Recipe source: Weight Watchers
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Low Calorie Strawberry Meringue Mousse, you might also like
- Light & Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
- Skinny Strawberry Cream Cake
- Skinny Upside Down Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Skinny Strawberry Yogurt Granola Parfaits
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!