When you want an easy cheesecake, then take an easy recipe for homemade cheesecake bars and embellish it with a jar of blueberry jam and fresh blueberries and what do you get?
A great blueberry cheesecake easy dessert recipe, that’s what!
I was recently flipping through one of Mom’s many cooking magazines and a recipe for blueberry cheesecake bars caught my eye.
A quick check of the kitchen confirmed that we had everything we needed make them.
The Skinny on Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
I love cheesecake but sometimes a whole cheesecake is more than we want or need.
That’s where homemade cheesecake bars come in. You get all the great flavor of cheesecake but in a more manageable amount.
I lightened the recipe by using a thinner layer of graham cracker crumbs and using a combination of fat free and reduced fat cream cheese.
Cheesecake bars are easier too since they don’t need to be baked in a water bath.
I whipped up a batch of these lovely creamy blueberry cheesecake bars and everyone loved them.
Next time I want to try them with strawberry fruit spread and a cup of chopped fresh strawberries or raspberries and raspberry fruit spread!
According to my calculations, each enlightened cheesecake bar has about 108 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these blueberry cheesecake bars, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 whole graham crackers)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) blueberry fruit spread
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix butter and graham cracker crumbs in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan creating a thin even layer. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheeses with an electric mixer on medium high until creamy. Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat until creamy and well blended.
- Stir the fruit spread around in the jar until it is spreadable and then spread it evenly over the crust. Sprinkle blueberries over the jam. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until set and slightly puffed.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before covering with plastic wrap and placing in the refrigerator to chill completely.
- Cut into 32 bars before serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Dessert Recipes for Weight Watchers
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!