WW Recipe of the Day: Skinny Raspberry Jello Meringue Kisses
(16 calories | 1 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Crispy on the outside. Soft and chewy on the inside.
Bursting with raspberry flavor.
These skinny raspberry jello meringue kisses are perfect for Valentine’s Day!
And they’re low in calories and fat too!
I discovered this fun recipe for raspberry jello meringue kisses in a delightful little book – Cookie Swap! by cookbook author and former professional pastry chef, Lauren Chattman.
The Skinny on Raspberry Jello Meringue Kisses
According to Lauren, the recipe uses raspberry gelatin to give the cookies their beautiful pink color and also to help stabilize the egg whites to keep the meringues as light and airy as possible.
Each of these little raspberry jello meringue kisses has just 16 calories, 0 grams of fat and:
1 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
0 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
But, I know better than to kid myself into thinking that I can eat a whole batch!
And they’re as fun to make as they are to eat.
To successfully make meringues – make sure you have just the whites, no egg yolks in your mixture and make sure your bowl and beaters are really, really clean and free of any traces of oil.
Making Meringue Kiss Cookies Video from MyRecipes:
Skinny Raspberry Jello Meringue Kisses Recipe Variations
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Meringue Kisses
Fold in 1 cup miniature chocolate chips with the vanilla and then proceed with the recipe as written.
Substitute orange gelatin for raspberry. (Perfect for Halloween)
Green Lime Meringues
Substitute lime green gelatin. (Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day)
Yellow Lemon Meringues
Substitute lemon gelatin. (Perfect for Easter)
If you’ve made these Raspberry Meringue Kisses, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Raspberry Jello Meringue Kisses
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin (such as Jell-O)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Position one oven rack in the top third of the oven and the other rack on the bottom third of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 275F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, until frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer speed to high and pour in the gelatin and then the sugar in a slow, steady stream.
- Continue to beat until the egg whites are stiff and shiny about 5 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the vanilla.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the meringue spaced about 1-1/2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the meringues until the are firm on the outside but still soft on the inside, about 30 minutes. (Or if you prefer crisper cookies, bake them for about 40 minutes.)
- Slide the sheets of parchment with the cookies on them to wire racks to cool for about 5 minutes, then carefully peel the meringues from the parchment.
- These Raspberry Jello Meringue Kisses will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
Source: Cookie Swap! by Lauren Chattman
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked skinny raspberry jello meringue cookie kisses, you might also like:
- Raspberry Jam Bars
Sweet and spicy with a ribbon of raspberry jam or marmalade
- Skinny Raspberry Squares
Like little linzer bars without a top crust
- Skinny Triple Berry Cobbler
Super simple and delicious cobbler
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!