Crispy on the outside. Soft & chewy on the inside.
Bursting with raspberry flavor.
These skinny raspberry jello meringue kisses are perfect for Valentine’s Day!
And they’re low in calories and fat too!
I discovered this fun recipe for raspberry jello meringue kisses in a delightful little book – Cookie Swap! by cookbook author and former professional pastry chef, Lauren Chattman.
The Skinny on Raspberry Jello Meringue Kisses
According to Lauren, the recipe uses raspberry gelatin to give the cookies their beautiful pink color and also to help stabilize the egg whites to keep the meringues as light and airy as possible.
Each of these little raspberry jello meringue kisses has just 16 calories and 0 g of fat making them a 0 PointsPlus Value treat!
But, I know better than to kid myself into thinking that I can eat a batch for 0 PointsPlus!
Each 3 cookie serving has 1 PointsPlus value; Each 5 cookie serving 2 PointsPlus value, still a bargain!
And they’re as fun to make as they are to eat.
Skinny Raspberry Jello Meringue Kisses Recipe Variations
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Meringue Kisses – Fold in 1 cup miniature chocolate chips with the vanilla and then proceed with the recipe as written.
Orange Meringues – Substitute orange gelatin for raspberry. (Perfect for Halloween.)
Green Lime Meringues – Substitute lime green gelatin. (Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day.)
Yellow Lemon Meringues – Substitute lemon gelatin. (Perfect for Easter.)
- 3 large egg whites
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin (such as Jell-O)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Position one oven rack in the top third of the oven and the other rack on the bottom third of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 275F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and salt with an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, until frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer speed to high and pour in the gelatin and then the sugar in a slow, steady stream.
- Continue to beat until the egg whites are stiff and shiny about 5 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the vanilla.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the meringue spaced about 1-1/2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the meringues until the are firm on the outside but still soft on the inside, about 30 minutes. (Or if you prefer crisper cookies, bake them for about 40 minutes.)
- Slide the sheets of parchment with the cookies on them to wire racks to cool for about 5 minutes, then carefully peel the meringues from the parchment.
- These Raspberry Jello Meringue Kisses will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
To successfully make meringues - make sure you have just the whites, no egg yolks in your mixture and make sure your bowl and beaters are really really clean and free of any traces of oil.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Making Meringue Kiss Cookies Video from MyRecipes:
If you liked skinny raspberry jello meringue kisses you might also like:
- Raspberry Jam Bars – Old-fashioned bar cookies with 4 WW PointsPlus Value
- Skinny Raspberry Squares – like little linzer bars without a top crust with just 3 WW PointsPlus Value
- Skinny Triple Berry Cobbler – Super simple and delicious cobbler with 5 WW PointsPlus Value
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.