Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Raspberry Squares
I have been a fan of raspberries for as long as I can remember.
I can't imagine being able to pass up a homemade raspberry dessert.
Just the thought of my mom's fresh raspberry pie will make my mouth water.
So, needless to say, when I saw this recipe for Weight Watchers Raspberry Bars in my Weight Watcher's Weekly a while back, I immediately clipped it and added it to my "Must Make" recipe file.
Well, yesterday was the day.
These simple, yet festive, Weight Watchers Raspberry Bars consist of a shortbread crust topped with a combination of raspberry jam and frozen raspberries.
They are like a lighter healthier linzer torte without the top crust.
This video from Joy of Baking shows how she makes Raspberry Oatmeal Squares:
I loved these little bars, but found they needed a little time in the fridge to firm up.
They were the perfect combination of sweet and tart. If you like your desserts super sweet, these squares may be a little tangy for you.
You can switch out the topping to suit your tastes, replacing the raspberries and jam with blueberries, mixed berries, apricots or peaches.
I'm definitely planning on experimenting a bit.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Fruit Squares?
According to muy calculations, each raspberry square has about 104 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Cooking Notes: How to Make Perfect Raspberry Bars Every Time
- These raspberry squares will be a little sticky. I found it helpful to chill them in the refrigerator until firm, before removing them from the pan.
- It's best to cut them and loosen them from the sides of the pan, while they are still a little warm.
- I skipped the almond extract since I didn't have any and didn't miss it.
If you've made these Low Fat Raspberry Squares, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Raspberry Squares Recipe
- 1-⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup confectioner's sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- 1-½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1 cup unsweetened frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar for garnish
- Position an oven rack in the center and preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, ⅓ cup confectioner's sugar, butter, and almond extract until the mixture is combined and butter cut into pea-size pieces.
- Press the mixture evenly into a 7x11- inch ungreased baking pan to form a crust.
- Bake until the crust begins to turn golden, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan set over medium heat, combine the preserves and raspberries, stirring occasionally, until the preserves become liquid and the frozen raspberries are thawed, about 4 minutes.
- When the crust is ready, pour the raspberry mixture over the hot crust and smooth it out evenly.
- Bake until set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan until the squares are just warm.
- Cut into 24 squares.
- When completely cool, dust with the remaining tablespoon confectioner's sugar.
Recipe source: Weight Watchers Weekly
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these Weight Watchers Raspberry Bars you might also like:
Skinny Triple Berry Cobbler - a sweet cobbler loaded with berries
(*5 WW PointsPlus | *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
Skinny Black Bean Brownies - simple, fudgy and delicious
(*4 WW PointsPlus | *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
Homemade Fig Newton Cookie Bars - soft and chewy sweet treats
(*2 WW PointsPlus | *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
Chocolate & Raspberry Yogurt Parfait - cool, creamy and comforting
(*7 WW PointsPlus | *8 WW Freestyle SMartPoints)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!