I'm excited to share this easy chocolate turtle cake made lighter. With only 4-ingredients it comes together quickly and makes for an impressive dessert. As soon as I spied it in the Fall 2021 Hungry Girl Magazine (affiliate link) I knew I wanted to try it and I'm so glad I did.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Skinny Chocolate Turtle Cake?
According to my calculations, each serving has 193 calories.
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
How to Make Low Calorie Chocolate Turtle Cake
Step 1: Gather and prep your ingredients.
Step 2: Stir together the cake batter until well blended.
Step 3: Spread batter into the pan.
Step 4: Bake until done.
Step 5: Cool and then top with warm caramel topping and chopped nuts.
Use whatever chopped nuts you prefer -- walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts or peanuts would all be great.
No devil's food cake mix?
Any chocolate cake mix will work.
No light caramel dip?
Any caramel syrup will work. I used caramel ice cream topping. Just adjust calories and WW Points accordingly if that's a concern
This cake is delicious on its own or the way my husband likes it, with a scoop of ice cream alongside.
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this Skinny Chocolate Turtle Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny 4-Ingredient Chocolate Turtle Cake
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans (1.5 ounces)
- ¼ cup light caramel dip
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together the dry cake mix, yogurt, ¾ cup water until well blended. Gently stir in half the chopped pecans.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan. It will be very thick and take some work to spread it out. Smooth out the top.
- Bake until a thin knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the caramel for about 30 seconds or until hot. Drizzle over the cooled cake. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cut into 12 even pieces
Recipe source: Fall 2021 Hungry Girl Magazine (affiliate link)
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Light and Easy Chocolate Turtle Cake, you might also like
- Skinny Low Fat Chocolate Cake Roundup
- Quick & Easy Almost Sugar Free Cake Mix Cookies
- Skinny Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Skinny Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Simply made and taste good! Can change ingredients if needed.
We really loved the chocolate turtle cake. So simple to make that it would have been hard for me to ruin it. It was moist and delicious. I didn't change any of the ingredients. It was nice straight out of the oven with ice-cream. In Australia, we have the devil's food cake mix so it was a no-brainer to make an easy 4-ingredient cake. Looking for the recipe after my daughter left, I realised she had sneaked the recipe into her bag.
It would have been helpful if you posted the names of the ingredients and amounts. The photo is NOT enlargeable...So we were not able to try this recipe...thumbs down.
If you scroll down, you'll find the recipe card complete with ingredients, amounts and instructions. ~Martha