I'm excited to share this easy chocolate turtle cake made lighter. With only 4-ingredients it comes together quickly and makes for an impressive dessert. As soon as I spied it in the Fall 2021 Hungry Girl Magazine I knew I wanted to try it and I'm so glad I did.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Skinny Chocolate Turtle Cake?
According to my calculations, each serving has 193 calories.
How to Make Low Calorie Chocolate Turtle Cake
Step 1: Gather and prep your ingredients.
Step 2: Stir together the cake batter until well blended.
Step 3: Spread batter into the pan.
Step 4: Bake until done.
Step 5: Cool and then top with warm caramel topping and chopped nuts.
Use whatever chopped nuts you prefer -- walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts or peanuts would all be great.
No devil's food cake mix?
Any chocolate cake mix will work.
No light caramel dip?
Any caramel syrup will work. I used caramel ice cream topping. Just adjust calories and WW Points accordingly if that's a concern
This cake is delicious on its own or the way my husband likes it, with a scoop of ice cream alongside.
If you've made this Skinny Chocolate Turtle Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny 4-Ingredient Chocolate Turtle Cake
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans (1.5 ounces)
- ¼ cup light caramel dip
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together the dry cake mix, yogurt, ¾ cup water until well blended. Gently stir in half the chopped pecans.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan. It will be very thick and take some work to spread it out. Smooth out the top.
- Bake until a thin knife or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the caramel for about 30 seconds or until hot. Drizzle over the cooled cake. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cut into 12 even pieces
Recipe source: Fall 2021 Hungry Girl Magazine
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Light and Easy Chocolate Turtle Cake, you might also like
- Skinny Low Fat Chocolate Cake Roundup
- Quick & Easy Almost Sugar Free Cake Mix Cookies
- Skinny Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Skinny Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookie Bars
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!