Here’s a great quick and easy chocolate cake made Weight Watchers friendly with just 4 PointsPlus value. Moist and delicious, this easy chocolate chip snack cake begins with a 9-ounce box of chocolate cake mix (the kind designed to make 12 cupcakes) and bakes in an 8-inch square pan, perfect when you want a little cake. (If you can’t find a 9 ounce cake mix, just use half of a regular 18.25-ounce box instead.)
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
Remember those quick and easy stir together Betty Crocker cake mixes from the 1970s that even included inside the box a cardboard pan to bake it in? They were called Snackin’ Cake and came in a variety of flavors. I loved Snackin’ Cake 🙂
Well, this chocolate cake is practically as easy and a whole lot lighter!
- 9 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 2 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup miniature chocolate chips
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Lightly mist an 8-inch square metal cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the dry cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, yogurt, egg and vanilla until smooth and well blended, about 1 minute.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cake, covered with plastic wrap for up to 3 days at room temperature or for up to one week in the refrigerator.
*PointsPlus® for calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this post and recipe for easy Weight Watchers friendly chocolate chip snack cake check out these links:
- Skinny Low Fat Chocolate Cake Recipes – I love collecting yummy recipes for lighter chocolate cake. Here are a few favorites.
- Skinny Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Homemade Chocolate Snack Cake – made without dairy or eggs (Enlightened Cooking)
- Homemade Skinny Chocolate Cake (SkinnyTaste)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.