WW Recipe of the Day: Quick & Easy Sugar Free Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
(65 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
With just a handful of ingredients, these soft and chewy cookies will be ready to serve in minutes.
Everyone loves warm from the oven cookies, but I for one don’t enjoy the mess. With this quick and easy recipe no mixer is required. Just combine the ingredients with a wooden spoon , roll dough, and bake.
This recipe also cuts the sugar. Made with sugar-free cake mix, no one in my house guessed they were Weight Watchers friendly.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Sugar Free Cake Mix Cookies?
According to my calculations, each serving has 65 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Sugar Free Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Step-by-Step
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 3: Combine the cake mix, cocoa, eggs, sour cream and water in a mixing bowl using a wooden spoon .
The dough will be stiff and sticky to the touch.
Step 4: Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
Have a small bowl of water available to wet fingers.
Step 5: Gently roll tablespoons of cookie dough into balls with damp fingers. Toss the balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat.
Step 6: Place balls on the cookie sheet.
Gently flatten the cookie balls with the bottom of a glass or jar.
Step 7: Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes.
Step 8: Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Easy Cake Mix Cookie Recipe Notes
- This recipe makes baking cookies quick and easy. Cut the sugar and enjoy warm chewy cookies in minutes with only a few simple ingredients.
- Substitute non-fat Greek yogurt for the light sour cream.
- The cocoa powder helps create a richer chocolate flavor. Skip it if you want.
- Use a regular cake mix, but note this adds 20 calories, 3 carbs, and 1 gram of fat per serving.
- If using a regular cake mix, reduce the water to 1 tablespoon.
- Try with a yellow cake mix for a more traditional snickerdoodle. No cocoa required.
Chocolate Cookies Serving Suggestions
- Enjoy with a little coffee or tea for a mid afternoon pick-me-up.
- Toss a couple cookies in when packing lunches.
- Eat cookies warm out of the oven with a glass of milk.
- Everyone loves a little sweet treat after dinner.
If you’ve made these Low-Fat Chocolate Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Quick & Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 package (16 ounces) sugar-free cake mix
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. For easy cleanup use parchment or a silpat liner on baking sheet. Or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, cocoa, eggs, sour cream and water in a mixing bowl using a wooden spoon. The dough will be stiff and sticky to the touch.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Have a small bowl of water available to wet fingers.
- Gently roll tablespoons of dough into balls with damp fingers. Toss the balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat.
- Place balls on the cookie sheet. Gently flatten the cookie balls with the bottom of a glass or jar.
- Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe source: Eat What You Love Quick & Easy by Marlene Koch
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies, you might also like:
- Skinny Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Skinny S’mores
- Low-Fat Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Almond Apple Sugar-Free Cookies
Kitchen Tools Used to Make These Cookies:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!