Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake
(174 calories | *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I made this Pink Lemonade Cake with a Pillsbury Pink Lemonade Cake Mix (affiliate link) I purchased on a whim sometime this spring.
As I was checking out the clerk got all excited when she saw it and commented on how much she loved it.
I took it as a sign that the cake would be good and then promptly packed it away in the pantry and forgot about it.
Until recently, when I realized that I hadn't made a cake for a while. Since Rod loves cake, I decided it was time to make one.
But I was feeling lazy and wanted to keep it simple, so I checked the pantry and pulled out the pink lemonade cake mix. It seemed like the perfect summertime cake.
Some people never bake with a mix. I'm not one of those people.
I enjoy baking from scratch. And I love the convenience of cake mixes.
They never fail. And they are virtually impossible to screw up.
Sometimes if I'm going to go to the effort of baking, I want that kind of security.
In a perfect world, they also would also be free of all the artificial stuff. But life's not perfect. It's a trade-off.
The Skinny on Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake
I decided to make a pink lemonade bundt cake. The directions on the box included an option for using 4 egg whites and an additional ¼ cup of water instead of 3 eggs. So in the name of saving a few calories I chose it.
The cake turned out moist, with a subtle lemon flavor and the most lovely shade of pale pink. I drizzled it with a little lemon icing and dusted it lightly with pink sugar sprinkles.
As I expected, the pink lemonade bundt cake was a hit with Rod. And that was the intention.
I'd definitely make this pink lemonade cake again during lemonade season.
Each small slice of cake has 174 calories and *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
Under Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, this is now *8 Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
If you've made this lightened up Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 package (15.25 ounces) Pillsbury Pink Lemonade Cake mix
- 1-¼ cups water
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 4 large egg whites
For the Icing
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Set your oven to 350F degrees.
- Prepare your pan to keep the cake from sticking, by lightly coating the inside with nonstick cooking spray or shortening and a dusting of flour.
- Combine the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites in a large bowl until moistened. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick instered into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Invert the pan, releasing the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely. Place on a cake plate.
To make the lemon icing:
- Place confectioner's sugar in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup. Stir in the lemon juice a little at a time to achieve desired consistency. (The glaze should be thick, yet pourable.)
- Add more sugar or lemon juice, as necessary.
- Drizzle cake with the icing.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from LovelyLadyCakes shows how she makes her own version of Pink Lemonade Bundt Cake from scratch:
Here are a few more of my favorite Weight Watchers friendly bundt cakes:
- Easy Orangesicle Bundt Cake
- Slow Cooker Mini Yogurt Bundt Cake
- Lemon Coconut Tea Cake
- Simple Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips
- Lemon Supreme Pound Cake
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!