WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Yogurt Bundt Cake
Check out this lovely little yogurt bundt cake.
Can you believe I made it in the slow cooker?
Finding recipes, like this mini yogurt bundt cake, and little pans that will fit in my slow cooker, has made baking fun again.
It's like going back in time to when I was a little girl playing with my easy bake oven !
I realize that for the past few years I've avoided baking because most recipes make too much for the two of us.
I love making sweet treats and using the slow cooker has helped me discover ways to make lesser amounts so we can enjoy them without overindulging.
Simple not-too-sweet cakes, like this slow cooker yogurt bundt cake, are a favorite. Moist and tender, slightly tangy from the yogurt, and gently spiced, I think you'll love it too.
And since it's finished with just a dusting of confectioners sugar, it's naturally lower in calories and points than an iced cake would be.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Cake?
According to my calculations, each serving has 223 calories and:
10 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
10 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
10 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Crock Pot Yogurt Bundt Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Yogurt Bundt Cake Recipe
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup whole milk plain yogurt (I used 1 tablespoon cream and the rest non-fat Greek yogurt instead)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons confectioner's sugar
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6- to 7-Quart.
- Place a coil of aluminum foil or 3 metal rings from glass canning jars in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Coat a small baking pan that will fit in your slow cooker with non-stick baking spray with flour. (I used a small 6-cup Bundt pan).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the egg, butter, yogurt and vanilla to the flour mixture. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat for 1 minute, until blended. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Place in the slow cooker. (I used my 6-Quart.)
- Place a chopstick or wooden spoon handle at one end of the slow cooker to vent the lid. (The slow cooker should be covered but propped open a crack at one end.)
- Bake on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. (My cake was done in 2 hours 15 minutes.)
- Carefully remove from the slow cooker and place your baking pan on a rack to cool. Invert the cake onto a rack to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioner's sugar.
Source: Adapted from Piece of Cake!: One-Bowl, No-Fuss, From-Scratch Cakes by Camilla Saulsbury
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooker yogurt bundt cake, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!