WW Recipe of the Day: Lemon Supreme Pound Cake
(236 calories | 9 9 9 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
In addition to sharing lots of WW friendly recipes here on Simple Nourished Living, I also love to share family favorites, especially from my childhood. My mom has been making this lemon supreme pound cake with simple lemon icing/glaze recipe since I was a kid. She always baked hers in a bundt pan . If you prefer it can be made into a loaf instead.
She clipped the recipe from the side of the Duncan Hines cake mix box sometime back in the 1970’s and has been making it ever since. And my mom wasn’t the only one according to this enthusiastic comment….
I am so excited!!! Just found your recipe for Lemon Pound Cake that your mother made from the back of the cake box. My mother-in-law make this cake for years and since she passed some years back, no one in our family has been able to figure out how it is made or find the recipe. I will be making this tomorrow to surprise our daughters. I am sure there will be joyful tears! Looking forward to seeing future posts!!
Thanks again! ~Sue
Mom also likes to make orange supreme pound cake with the orange supreme cake mix too, but that can be more difficult to find on the grocery store shelves.
Since lemon supreme pound cake begins with a box of cake mix and pudding mix, it is super easy and turns out moist and delicious every time.
I had orange pound cake on my mind when I went to the grocery store yesterday, but quickly changed my mind to lemon upon discovering the lack of boxed orange cake mix.
This turned out to be a win for my husband, who loves lemon pound cake.
It’s lemon season here in Phoenix, so I added the zest of a couple of lemons to the lemon supreme pound cake batter and the zest of another lemon into the glaze. Although, not necessary, I think it really brightened up the flavor of this quick and easy pound cake.
If you are one of those people who prefers to doctor up cake mixes, rather than starting from scratch, this lemon supreme pound cake recipe is definitely worth adding to your files.
Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Pound Cake Ingredients
- 1 package Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 package lemon instant pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1/2 cup Crisco Oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
To make orange supreme pound cake, use an orange supreme cake mix, orange zest (optional) and orange juice instead of lemon juice in the glaze.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Cake?
According to my calculations, each serving has 236 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you’ve made this Iced Lemon Poundcake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Lemon Supreme Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 package (15.25 ounces) Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) lemon or vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- Finely grated zest of 1 or 2 lemons (optional)
For the Icing/Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 10" tube pan or bundt pan.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until center springs back when touched lightly with your fingertip. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 25 minutes, then remove the cake from pan and place it on the wire rack right side up until it cools completely. (This can also be baked in loaf pans if you prefer. You'll need 2 4x8-inch or 1 9x5-inch pan. If baked in the 2 smaller pans they should take about 30 minutes give or take to bake.)
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar or drizzle with lemon glaze.
To Make the Lemon Glaze:
- Blend 1 cup confectioner's sugar with 2 tablespoons of milk or lemon juice. Drizzle over the completely cooled cake.
To make orange supreme pound cake, use an orange supreme cake mix, orange zest (optional) and orange juice instead of lemon juice in the glaze. 9 *SmartPoints (Green plan) 9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan) 9 *SmartPoints (Purple plan) 7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Source: Mom and the back of the Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix Box
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
You might also need:
Microplane Premium Zester/Grater – One of my favorite kitchen tools of all time. It makes zesting lemons and grating Parmesan a breeze. I was introduced to the microplane zester during a cooking class years ago, where I think they sold one to everyone in attendance!
More Easy Recipes That Begin with Cake Mix
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!