WW Recipe of the Day: Impossible Bisquick Sausage Pie
(154 calories | 4 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Here's another winning Impossibly Easy Pie from Betty Crocker with less than 200 calories per slice. This version, made with chicken sausage and frozen mixed vegetables, can easily be adapted with your favorites. Try substituting pork sausage, turkey sausage or even chorizo for the chicken sausage. Veggie crumbles would taste great too, though I haven't tried this yet.
You can also use any frozen vegetable in place of the mixed veggies.
Fun to make and oh so simple to experiment with different flavors, this simple dinner serves 6 and keeps well in the refrigerator. Lighter and easier than traditional quiche, leftover slices make great lunches for the office.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chicken Sausage Impossible Pie?
According to my calculations, each serving has 154 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Bisquick Chicken Sausage Pie
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Step 3: Cook the sausage in a small skillet on medium heat for 6 - 8 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Stir as needed to break up chunks into small crumbles as it cooks.
Step 4: If necessary, drain any liquid from the skillet before spreading sausage in an even layer in the prepared pie plate .
Sprinkle the vegetables over the sausage.
Step 5: Whisk the Bisquick, milk, salt, pepper and eggs in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
Pour over vegetables.
Step 6: Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until top is lightly golden and a toothpick (or small knife) inserted near the center comes out clean.
Step 7: Let pie stand for 5 minutes at room temperature for 5 minutes before cutting into 6 wedges.
Step 8: Store any remaining slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I opted for Italian chicken sausage, but feel free to use your favorite sausage (sweet, hot, chorizo, chicken, turkey, pork or even veggie crumbles). Remember to adjust your WW Points accordingly when making any ingredient substitutions.
Serving Suggestions for Betty Crocker Savory Impossibly Easy Pie
Serve this Impossible Pie with a simple green or wedge salad and warm crusty bread for a light dinner.
If you like a little more spice, enjoy with your favorite hot sauce—Tabasco, Tapatío, Cholula, Sriracha, Chili Garlic Sauce, Ajvar, etc., would all be delicious.
If you've made this Bisquick Pie with Spicy Chicken Sausage, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Impossibly Easy Chicken Sausage Pie
- ½ pound chicken sausage
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained (I used a mixture of peas, carrots, green beans and corn)
- ½ cup Bisquick Heart Smart Baking Mix
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk beverage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small to medium size skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat, stirring occasionally to break up the meat, until it is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain off any liquid if necessary.
- Spread the sausage evenly in the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients (Bisquik, milk, eggs, salt & pepper) until blended. Pour into mixture into the pie plate.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe source: Betty Crocker Ultimate Bisquick Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Healthy Impossibly Easy Pies for Weight Watchers
- Impossibly Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Impossible Bisquick Ham and Swiss Pie
- Impossibly Easy Bisquick Zucchini Pie
- Impossible Slow Cooker Chocolate Brownie Pie
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!