Here's my healthy weekly meals with Weight Watchers Recipes with Points Plus for next week. In addition to keeping me on track, I hope they provide you with some healthy ideas and cooking/eating inspiration.
I usually spend a little time Saturday putting together a list of recipes I want to make and a shopping list. Sunday I shop, prep and often make a dish or two in the crock pot so I go into the week with healthy food choices ready and waiting. This helps me avoid the temptation of last minute drive-throughs and dialing for takeout.
This week will be extra busy. I have a lunch date Monday, Mom and I are going to Tucson Tuesday to see my sister and we have a fundraiser event Wednesday evening. That means planning and cooking ahead will be extra important.
Hope you have a wonderful week!
My Weight Watchers Friendly Weekly Healthy Meal Plan (11/17/14)
I like to keep things simple when it comes to breakfast. I usually rotate between a few breakfast options day in and day out, only changing it up slightly with the seasons. This week I'm going to alternate between oatmeal and mini egg frittatas I'll have either one or the other with ½ a banana (0) and a large mug of decaf coffee (0).
- Quick Cooking Steel Cooked Oats cooked with Almond Milk (6)
- Light English Muffin (3) with Peanut Butter (3)
- Scrambled eggs/egg whites (3) with Light English Muffin (3)
I also like to keep lunch quick and easy. I've found that limiting my choices is one of my best strategies for easily maintaining my weight. I usually opt for soup and/or salad or leftovers. Once or twice a week I meet Mom and/or a girlfriend for lunch which is fun and keeps things interesting so I don't get bored.
This week the days I'm home for lunch I'll alternate among:
- Simple Chunky Tomato Soup (4) and Tuna Salad lettuce wraps (3) (½ cup tuna canned in water, drained and mixed with ½ cup chopped celery, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon nonfat plain Greek yogurt; stuffed into lettuce leaves)
- Baked Potato Topped with Cottage Cheese and Salsa (7)
Because we are a family of two, we often have dinner leftovers that we are happy to eat again on a subsequent night. So I usually only end up cooking 3 or 4 nights a week 🙂 I know I'll be out at least 2 nights this week, so with leftovers, I'll only cook 3 nights:
- Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs (8) (new recipe - not on site yet) with Baked Potato (4) and steamed broccoli (0) with low fat balsamic dressing (1)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala (5) and Brown and Wild Rice (½ cup - 3) Tossed Salad and fat free dressing (0) and
- Broiled or Baked Tilapia seasoned garlic and lemon pepper (4) with Spinach (0) and Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes and onions (2)
Again, I try to limit my choices when it comes to snacking and only eat when I am truly hungry. I've worked hard to break myself of the snacking when bored habit, but it still can happen if I have too many tempting snacks around!
- Apple Slices with a little Peanut Butter (3)
- Raw veggies with dip made from nonfat Greek yogurt and salsa (0)
We don't eat dessert everyday. But I like to have something around if we want a little something sweet after dinner. I often make a sweet treat over the weekend that we can enjoy during the week. One of my strategies for not over-indulging in sweets is to limit myself to homemade ones. They seem more worth the calories/points.
- Cranberry Ice Cream Parfait Pie (new recipe, not yet on the site, that I want to test for Thanksgiving)
Previous Weekly Meal Plans:
- My Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (11/10/14)
- My Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (11/3/14)
- My Healthy Weekly Meal Plan (10/27/14)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!