Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes & Onions
This easy roasted veggies dish proves that good food can be simple and delicious.
Chopped brussels sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper and roasted until tender.
That’s all there is to it.
If you have never roasted vegetables or don’t do it often, I encourage you to make it a habit.
Even people who claim that they don’t like vegetables, have been known to change their minds after sampling them roasted.
The Skinny on Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Carrots
Roasted brussels sprouts and carrots are a great example. I’ve turned lots of brussels sprouts haters into lovers, just by suggesting that they give roasting a chance.
This Clean & Delicious video shows how easy it is to roast brussels sprouts in the oven:
Most any vegetable – from asparagus to zucchini – can be roasted on it’s own with delicious results. But something magical happens when you mix a variety of them together.
This combination of sweet, savory, soft and crunchy is a wonderful example.
Last night, I simply tossed together my recent Farmer’s Market finds to accompany our turkey burgers.
The burgers were good, but these luscious roasted brussels sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes and onions stole the show.
If you want a delicious way to eat more vegetables, you owe it to yourself to try roasting.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 78 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these roasted veggies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
A simple & delicious combination of brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, carrots and onions roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 2 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the vegetables on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat the vegetables with oil and then spread them out evenly in the pan.
- Bake until the sweet potatoes and carrots are tender and brussels sprouts and onions are golden brown, stirring once or twice, about 30 to 40 minutes.
This recipe doesn't need to be followed exactly. Use whatever combination works best for you - fewer carrots, more sweet potato; more brussels sprouts and skip the sweet potato. (You get the idea. Use what you have and what you like.)
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *2
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *2
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like roasted veggies, you might also like:
- Roasted Parmesan Green Beans (SkinnyTaste)
- How to Roast Garlic in the Oven Video (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Roasted Broccoli & Sweet Potatoes (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Healthy Collard Greens Recipes (Simple-Nourished-Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!