Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes & Onions
(78 calories | *2 WW SmartPoints)
Chopped Brussels sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper and roasted until tender. This easy roasted veggies dish proves that good food can be simple and delicious.
That’s all there is to it. If you have never roasted vegetables or don’t do it often, I encourage you to make it a habit. Even people who claim that they don’t like vegetables, have been known to change their minds after sampling them roasted.
The Skinny on Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Carrots
Roasted brussels sprouts and carrots are a great example. I’ve turned lots of Brussels sprouts haters into lovers, just by suggesting that they give roasting a chance.
Most any vegetable—from asparagus to zucchini—can be roasted on it’s own with delicious results. But something magical happens when you mix a variety of them together.
This combination of sweet, savory, soft and crunchy is a wonderful example. Last night, I simply tossed together my recent Farmer’s Market finds to accompany our turkey burgers.
The burgers were good, but these luscious roasted brussels sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes and onions stole the show.
If you want a delicious way to eat more vegetables, you owe it to yourself to try roasting.
How Many Calories/WW Points in Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes and Onions?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 78 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes & Onions Recipe Notes
This recipe doesn’t need to be followed exactly. Use whatever combination works best for you—fewer carrots, more sweet potato; or more Brussels sprouts and skip the sweet potato.
You get the idea. Use what you have and what you like.
If you enjoy these oven roasted roasted vegetables, you might also like my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Roasted Carrots, Sheet Pan Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli, Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic, Slow Cooker Roasted Broccoli and Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
If you’ve made these roasted veggies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, & Onions Recipe
- 2 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and coat the vegetables with oil. (Doing this step in a bowl instead of directly on the baking sheet requires much less oil!)
- Tip the vegetables out onto the foil lined baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer.
- Bake until the sweet potatoes and carrots are tender when pierced with a fork and brussels sprouts and onions are golden brown, stirring once or twice, about 30 to 40 minutes.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This Clean & Delicious video shows how easy it is to roast brussels sprouts in the oven:
If you like roasted veggies, you might also like:
- Roasted Parmesan Green Beans (SkinnyTaste)
- How to Roast Garlic in the Oven Video (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Roasted Broccoli & Sweet Potatoes (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Healthy Collard Greens Recipes (Simple-Nourished-Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!