Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Favorite Healthy Crock Pot Recipes of the Week
When it comes to ease and convenience, it's hard to beat slow cooking. I use my crock pot(s) often to guarantee we always have a steady supply of healthy food ready and waiting for quick and easy meals.
Otherwise fattening fast food and take- out can be way too tempting at the end of a long day.
What do I love about crock pot cooking? What's not to love?
Easier, less messy, less stressful and more forgiving than stove-top cooking, slow cooking makes healthy eating easy, even on busy days. Perfect for anyone wanting to eat better and/or lose weight.
With a crock pot instead of worrying all day about what to make for dinner, you know a healthy and delicious meal will be ready and waiting when you get home. Another great benefit of cooking this way is that you don't need to cook every night if you don't want to.
Slow cooking lends itself to leftovers, which can be eaten the next night, re-purposed into a new meal, or frozen for future meals, which makes meal planning so much easier.
I often use my crock pots on the weekends to make light and healthy meals to warm up during the week.
If you're following Weight Watchers it's hard to beat the crock pot's ability to provide light, healthy, flavorful low points meals that don't require hours in the kitchen.
Favorite Crock Pot Recipes
From healthy crock pot hamburger stew to southwestern slow cooker chicken, here are ten of the healthy crock pot recipes that our readers and I are loving this week:
1) Easy Healthy 2-Ingredient Crock Pot Salsa Chicken - This simple, 2-ingredient Weight Watchers Friendly slow cooker salsa chicken recipe could NOT be easier. It's one of my go-to recipes perfect for busy days. You can use this shredded slow cooker salsa chicken all kinds of ways. In tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, enchiladas, taquitos, quesadillas, or sandwiches. With rice and vegetables.
2) Healthy Crock Pot Caribbean Jerk Chicken - Here's another winner from the slow cooker. This incredibly easy slow cooker Caribbean jerk chicken recipe results in well-seasoned chicken with just a hint of heat for very little effort. Simply rub your chicken with a blend of spices and then squeeze on some lime juice. Let your slow cooker do the rest.
3) Healthy Crock Pot 3-Ingredient BBQ Lentils - Talk about maximum reward for minimal effort, these slow cooker barbecue lentils really deliver. If you're looking for an easy, hearty and delicious vegetarian dish with just 3-ingredients (plus water) that requires at least 7 hours of slow cooking, I think you're gonna love these slow cooker barbecue lentils.
4) Healthy Crock Pot 3-Ingredient Italian Beef - This Three Ingredient Weight Watchers Crock Pot Italian Beef is everything I want in a recipe these days. It's incredibly easy and amazingly delicious. The meat cooks up tender and flavorful. And the jarred mild pepper rings add just the right amount of zesty tang.
5) Healthy Crock Pot Hamburger Stew - What attracted me to this easy hamburger vegetable soup was its short list of simple ingredients and easy steps. Hearty and satisfying, it's the perfect antidote to weeks of overindulging with too many sweet treats. If your body is begging you to bring it back into balance, plan on cooking up a pot as soon as you can!
6) Healthy Crock Pot 4-Ingredient Hawaiian Kalua Pork - Have you had real Hawaiian kalua pork? I've been to Hawaii a few times but have no recollection of kalua pork. I remember the sunsets, tropical breezes, scent of plumeria, sweet juicy pineapple, but not the pork. I've even been to a luau or two, so there's really no excuse - except perhaps, one too many mai tais! So, while I have no idea how kalua pork is supposed to taste, I can vouch that we all thought this slow cooker version was absolutely delicious.
7) Healthy Crock Pot Ratatouille - This was my first attempt making slow cooker ratatouille and it was the best yet. A lovely summertime dish. You can serve this as a simple side dish or hearty main course with salad and warm, crusty bread.
8) Healthy Crock Pot Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli - In addition to being tasty, this slow cooker Szechuan chicken is really easy to toss together, calls for basic ingredients, and is ready in just a few hours. A tasty, healthy alternative to takeout that always satisfies.
9) Skinny Slow Cooker Roasted Broccoli - I'm a huge fan of roasted vegetables, but this was my first attempt roasting them in the slow cooker. Talk about a revelation.
10) Skinny Southwestern Crock Pot Chicken - If you are looking for easy healthy chicken recipes for the slow cooker you've come to the right place. This Slow Cooker Cheesy Southwestern Chicken—made with just six ingredients—is an easy and healthy dinner your whole family will love. This dump and go slow cooker recipe is a complete one-dish meal with just 370 calories that's perfect for busy days.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Slow Cooker Recipes for Weight Watchers
- 50 Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Our Favorite Healthy Crock Pot Recipes of 2014
- Healthy Crock Pot Recipes for Summer
- 50 Favorite Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes
- 12 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes with WW SmartPoints
- Easy + Healthy Asian-Inspired Crock Pot Recipes
- 10 WW Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!