WW Recipe of the Day: No-Bake Chocolate Mint Whipped Cream Pie
A Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie crust, topped with a layer of real whipped cream, drizzle of chocolate mint sauce and sprinkling of Thin Mint Cookie crumbs. This quick and easy dessert is super refreshing, super satisfying, super luxurious, and super easy.
This great no-bake summer dessert recipe is adapted from one for Whipped Cream Chocolate Pie featured on the cover of this week's Weight Watchers Weekly, which called for a chocolate wafer crust, topped with whipped cream and bittersweet chocolate curls.
As soon as I spotted the beautiful picture and took a glance at the simple list of ingredients, I knew I wanted to make it for Father's Day, but I didn't want to buy a whole package of chocolate wafers to make just a few ounces of crumbs.
Then I thought of the already opened box of Girl Scout Thin Mints languishing in the cupboard and wondered if they would make a tasty cookie crumb crust. (Absolutely!)
That led me to think about the unopened jar of Pampered Chef Chocolate Peppermint Sauce tucked away in the pantry. I imagined drizzling it on top of the whipped cream, instead of fussing with grating or attempting to curl chocolate, and voila, a new variation of the original was born.
The next step was to determine how best to divide the recipe, since the original makes a 10-inch pie designed to serve 12; way too much for the two of us. But how to divide and what size pan to use?
This is where basic geometry comes into play. If the ingredients worked to make a 10-inch pie, what size pan do you need to make half a pie or a quarter of a pie?
Fortunately Rod remembered that the formula for calculating the area of a circle is pi (3.14) * (r*r), which led me to determine that ¼th of the recipe would fit perfectly in my 5-inch round spring form pan. (Hurray for geometry!)
So, that's what I did. I made a little 5-inch chocolate mint whipped cream pie to serve 4.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this No-Bake Pie
According to my calculations, each slice has 152 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
9 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
We each enjoyed a piece of it for dessert Sunday and loved it so much we had the remaining 2 pieces for dessert last night, which is exactly why cutting this recipe down was critical.
As we were enjoying it last night, Rod asked if I planned to make it again while my sister is here. (Definitely the sign of a winning recipe!)
This whipped cream pie was so easy and so tasty and so satisfying, I can see it becoming one of my go-to summer desserts. And I'm already thinking about other variations: chocolate raspberry, chocolate peanut butter, or lemon raspberry, perhaps?
If you've made this Easy Mint Chocolate Pie, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Chocolate Mint Whipped Cream Pie Recipe
- 7 Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, processed into crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon mint chocolate sauce
- Set aside a scant tablespoon of the cookie crumbs to sprinkle on top.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining crumbs and butter until well combined. Press the crumbs into the bottom of a 5-inch springform pan and place in the refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on medium high until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the whipped cream filling over the prepared crust, spreading it out evenly.
- Drizzle with the mint chocolate sauce and sprinkle with the remaining crumbs. (If you need to warm the chocolate sauce to thin it, be sure it returns to nearly room temperature before drizzling, so you don't melt the cream.)
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, run a knife around the edge of the springform pan and release the outer ring of the pan. Cut into 4 pieces and serve.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this recipe for Mint Chocolate Whipped Cream Pie, you might also like:
- Girl Scout Cookie Nutrition and Weight Watchers PointsPlus Information (Simple Nourished Living)
- Easy Chocolate Mocha Pots de Creme (Simple Nourished Living)
- Chocolate Mousse - a splurge worthy dessert with 7 PointsPlus (Simple Nourished Living)
- Strawberries and Whipped Cream - a simple pretty PointsPlus friendly dessert (SkinnyTaste)
- WW 5-Ingredient Low Calorie No Bake Coconut Cream Mounds Bar Pie (Simple Nourished Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!