(Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes #219 – Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken Thighs)
These tender flavorful chicken thighs take only a few minutes to toss together. Just plop the chicken into the slow cooker, stir together the sauce ingredients and pour on top.
That’s all there is to it. Several hours later dinner will be ready and waiting. How easy is that? And a whole lot healthier than getting takeout too!
Skinny on Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken Thighs
These slow cooker sesame chicken thighs were a big hit with the entire family. Brown rice and broccoli make nice accompaniments. If you or someone you are dining with prefers more spice, serve with crushed red pepper flake or sriracha sauce for extra heat.
According to my calculations each serving has 188 calories and *5 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 8 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken thighs (3 pounds)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3-1/2 to 4-Quart
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, ketchup, sesame seeds, garlic powder, and ginger. Pour over the chicken being sure to get some sauce on every piece. Cover. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until the chicken is tender.
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker sesame chicken thighs calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked slow cooker sesame chicken thighs you might also like:
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!