(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 147)
I love fruit desserts of all kinds.
Particularly cakes, crisps, crumbles and cobblers.
Which are just as delicious as pie.
But so much easier to make, especially in the slow cooker!
This quick and easy crock pot apple cobbler is a perfect example. You need just a few apples and basic pantry staples to make it.
I decreased the butter and sugar originally called for to shave a few calories without sacrificing flavor.
Sweet and delicious, this quick and easy crock pot apple cobbler is mostly apples held together with just the tiniest bit of moist cake.
A little scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream would top it off nicely.
This is definitely something I’d make again.
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups chopped apples (peeled or not, your choice)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4 Quart
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker well.
- Pour the melted butter into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well blended.
- Add the milk to the flour mixture and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the slow cooker on top of the butter. DO NOT STIR.
- Spoon the chopped apples over the batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover the cooker, tilting the lid slightly to allow the release of extra moisture. (Alternatively you can prop the lid open slightly at one end with the end of a wooden spoon handle or chopstick.)
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
A lot of condensation accumulated in the lid when this crock pot apple cobbler was cooking, so I amended the instructions to tilt the lid slightly and/or prop the lid open slightly at one end with a wooden spoon handle to release extra moisture. I also wiped the inside of the lid a couple of times during cooking to get rid of the moisture build up.
Source: adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
If you liked this recipe for quick & Easy Crock Pot Apple Cobbler you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for this quick and easy crock pot apple cobbler calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Today’s food for thought…
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
~ Robert J Collier
And weight loss tip…
“Clear your counters of all foods but the healthy ones.”
~ Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think
Do you have a favorite motivational quote and/or weight loss tip? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!