Today’s Weight Watchers Freestyle Recipe of the Day is for a Quick & Easy Crock Pot Apple Cobbler
I love fruit desserts of all kinds. Particularly cakes, crisps, crumbles and cobblers. Which are just as delicious as pie. But so much easier to make, especially in the slow cooker!
This quick and easy crock pot apple cobbler is a perfect example. You need just a few apples and basic pantry staples to make it.
Crock Pot Apple Cobbler Recipe Notes
I decreased the butter and sugar originally called for to shave a few calories and points without sacrificing flavor. Sweet and delicious, this quick and easy apple cobbler is mostly apples, held together with just the tiniest bit of moist cake.
According to my calculations, each serving has 223 calories, *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
A little scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream would top it off nicely. This is definitely something I’d make again. Enjoy!
Watch this quick video to see how a simple paper towel can help absorb the condensation in your crock pot:
If you like this easy crock pot apple cobbler, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly dessert recipes including: Slow Cooker Apple Cake, Skinny Apple Brownies, Crock Pot Apple Compote, Low-Fat Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies and Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cake
If you’ve made this apple cobbler, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Quick & Easy Crock Pot Apple Cobbler Recipe
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick butter), melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups chopped apples (peeled or not, your choice)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker well.
- Pour the melted butter into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well blended.
- Add the milk to the flour mixture and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the slow cooker on top of the butter. DO NOT STIR.
- Spoon the chopped apples over the batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover the cooker, tilting the lid slightly to allow the release of extra moisture. (Alternatively you can prop the lid open slightly at one end with the end of a wooden spoon handle or chopstick or insert a paper towel over the crock before putting on the cover.)
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Source: adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video shows another way to make slow cooker apple crisp:
This video from Clean & Delicious shows how to make easy, grain-free apple crisp:
More Lightened Up Apple Desserts:
Healthy Spiralized Apple Pie Noodles (HungryGirl)
Apple Streusel French Toast Muffins (EmilyBites)
Apple Crisp Donuts with Caramel Drizzle (DrizzleMeSkinny)
Mini Apple Pies (LaaLoosh)
Caramel Apple Crisp (SkinnyKitchen)
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Today’s food for thought…
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
~ Robert J Collier
And weight loss tip…
Clear your counters of all foods but the healthy ones.
~ Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think
Do you have a favorite motivational quote and/or weight loss tip? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments below!!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!