(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 98 – Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham)
Every time I sit down to a plate of scalloped potatoes I ask myself why I don’t make them more often.
They’re an old classic that I’ve loved since I was a kid.
And the addition of a little ham and cheese turns them into a deliciously satisfying main dish.
This was the first time making slow cooker scalloped potatoes and ham.
I adapted the recipe slightly from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
Skinny on Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
It was the perfect way to use up what remained of the slow cooker ham I had tossed in the freezer.
I used reduced fat cheddar cheese and Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup to lower the fat, calories and Weight Watchers Points a bit.
One of the keys to scalloped potatoes is slicing the potatoes really thin, which can be kind of a pain. I love using my little portable slicer, which makes the job sooo much easier!
Served with salad and steamed broccoli, these slow cooker scalloped potatoes and ham made us both smile. And the leftovers disappeared without a problem too
According to my calculations each serving has 249 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 8 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes (8 to 10 medium)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) low fat cream of mushroom soup (I used Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker. A 5-Quart will work well too.
- Grease your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put half the sliced potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker, spreading them out evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle evenly with half the onion, ham and cheese.
- Repeat the layers one more time (potatoes, salt and pepper, onion, ham, cheese).
- Pour the soup into a small bowl and stir it until it gets nice and creamy. Spread it over the top of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the potatoes and onions are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with a little paprika.
Source: Slightly adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker scalloped potatoes and ham calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Here’s what I used to make these easy and delicious slow cooker scalloped potatoes and ham!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!