(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 27)
Here’s an easy beef with mushroom sauce that couldn’t be simpler or more delicious.
It’s one of those dump and stir recipes perfect for a busy day.
Served with brown rice pilaf and steamed green beans, this slow cooker beef with mushroom sauce was a meal that made my Midwest raised, beef-loving husband very happy
It would be good with noodles or mashed potatoes too.
The recipe makes 6 servings of slow cooker beef with mushroom sauce, each with 6 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean stewing beef
- 1 medium large onion, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) low fat reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup (such as Campbell's Healthy Request)
- ½ cup dry red wine (such as merlot)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak seasoning, optional
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. (I used my 4-Quart.)
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 5 hours, until beef is tender.
- Serve over rice or noodles if desired. (Just be sure to add the associated points.)
If you liked this slow cooker beef with mushroom sauce recipe, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
I used the 4 quart ceramic insert from my Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Slow Cooker to make this slow cooker beef with mushroom sauce:
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!