Looking for some healthy low fat dip recipes that don’t sacrifice flavor? I’ve searched the web and compiled a collection of 16 delicious slim and healthy low fat dip recipes you’re sure to love.
What could be easier to make or more enjoyable to eat than a good dip? It should come as no surprise that dips are at the top of everyone’s list of perfect party food. They’re fun to eat. Have you ever noticed that you can get a kid to eat most anything when you add a dip?
While there are lots of varieties of dips to choose from, some are much better for you than others. Many dips are naturally healthy. Most Mexican bean dips, guacamole and salsas are loaded with good-for-you ingredients. And many Mediterranean dips are made from pureed beans, vegetables or thickened yogurt – much better options than fat filled mayonnaise, cream cheese and sour cream.
An easy way to make your favorite creamy dips lower in calories and fat is to swap out some or all of the full-fat sour cream and mayonnaise with plain low fat yogurt, reduced fat sour cream or pureed cottage cheese. I love to use thick nonfat Greek style yogurt when making healthy vegetable dips.
One of my favorite quick and easy dips for veggies is to simply stir a generous amount of lemon pepper into cottage cheese until well blende. Yum!
Another favorite is Skinny Creamy Mexican Dip. In a medium bowl stir together 1 cup plain, fat-free Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup salsa until well blended. Then stir in 1/2 medium diced avocado, 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. In addition to being a great dip for fresh veggies and baked chips, it a terrific sandwich spread and baked potato topper. (Each heaping tablespoon has just 28 calories/1 WWPP)
Roasted garlic is another great healthy dip ingredient. For a quick and easy healthy delectable dip: Puree about 10 cloves of roasted garlic along with 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese or low-fat cream cheese in your blender or food processor. Add a little parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Simple, healthy & delicious. (For details on How to Roast Garlic.)
Here’s a great collection of healthy dips I’ve hand selected from around the ‘net.
16 Slim & Healthy Low Fat Dip Recipes with Weight Watchers Points+ Values
1) Creamy Low Fat Garlic Herb Dip - Creamy, fresh and light with tons of flavor. This may become your go to dip recipe for breathing new life into your vegetable tray. Each serving has 55 calories and 2 WWPP. From Cooking Light found at MyRecipes.
2) Creamy Low Fat Warm Artichoke Dip – The classic creamy artichoke dip we’ve all come to love, made lighter and healthier with 72 calories and 2 WWPP. A Cooking Light recipe found at MyRecipes.
3) Diet Friendly Ranch Dip - Greek Yogurt and Cottage Cheese Dip with Dill perfect with raw vegetables. Each 1/4 cup serving has 42 calories, 0 g fat, 3 g carbs, and 6 g protein. Found at Kalyn’s Kitchen.
4) Weight Watcher’s Light Healthy Spinach Dip – Another classic vegetable dip – the one with water chestnuts and Knorr Soup mix- made lighter. Each 2 tablespoon serving has about 60 calories, 2 g fat, and 2 WWPP. Found at That’s My Home.
5) Healthier Artichoke Dip – Another variation made with Greek Yogurt that’s simple and delicious. Each 1/4 cup serving has about 85 calories, 3 g fat, and 2 WWPP. Found at Cooking with My Kid.
6) Quick & Healthy Black Bean Dip – A tasty healthy bean dip with just 5 ingredients that can be made in minutes. Each 2 tablespoon serving has just 34 calories, 2 g fiber and 1 WWPoints+. From Eating Well.
7) Skinny Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip - Bring this hot spinach and artichoke dip to your next football party, no one will know it’s light! From Gina at SkinnyTaste.
8) Slim & Healthy Creamy Spinach Parmesan Dip - Classic full-fat spinach dip got skinny by using low fat ingredients and getting most of it’s flavor from Parmigiano Reggiano. Each serving has 73 calories and 2 WW Points+. Found at Skinnytaste.
9) Light Smoked Salmon Dip – A light and tasty dip worthy of a special occasion. Make this dip ahead, and serve it on whole wheat crackers or toasted baguette. Each 2 tablespoon serving has 56 calories and 1 WW Points+. From Cooking Light at MyRecipes.
10) Healthy Southwestern Layered Bean Dip - Plenty of black beans, salsa and chopped fresh vegetables mean a healthy amount of dietary fiber in this Tex-Mex layered dip. Each 1/2 cup serving has 146 calories and 4 Weight Watchers Points+. From Eating Well.
11) Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Dip - This Mediterranean-inspired appetizer offers a little extra protein, heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, and fiber. Serve with cut-up vegetables or toasted pita wedges. Each 1/4 cup serving has 62 calories and 2 WWPP. From Cooking Light at MyRecipes.
12) Skinny Easy Taco Dip - Everybody’s favorite dip made lighter and healthier. It’s easy to make and disappears in minutes. Serve this low fat dip at your next get together with your favorite baked tortilla chips. It’s also great garnished with jalapeños, scallions and avocados. Each serving has 60 calories and 2 WW Points+ value. Another winner from Gina at SkinnyTaste.
13) Slimmer Buffalo Chicken Dip - All the flavor of buffalo wings with a lot less fat. It’s a natural with celery sticks. Each serving has 108 calories and 3 WW Points+ value. Found at Skinny Taste.
14) White Bean Crostini - A simple healthy white bean dip that is delicious spread on thin little slices of toasted baguette and drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar. Just 33 calories and 1 Weight Watcher Points Plus per serving. Found at SkinnyTaste.
15) Healthy Pumpkin Dip – A slim and healthy sweet dip with all the flavors of pumpkin pie. Each 1/4 cup serving has 91 calories and 3 WW Points+. From Cooking Light found at MyRecipes.
16) Simple Light & Zesty Bean Dip- Stirring salsa into versatile canned refried beans makes a quick and healthy bean dip. Each serving of 1/4 cup dip and 10 tortilla chips has 210 calories and 6 Weight Watchers Points+. From Eating Well found at Delish.