This roasted shrimp and broccoli recipe is a great easy healthy alternative to stir-frying. Perfect for a busy weeknight.
I much prefer dinners that bake in the oven. They’re easier, less stressful and much less messy than most dishes you cook on the stovetop. And I’m all about keeping it easy in the kitchen.
This is very loosely based on a roasted shrimp and broccoli recipe by Melissa Clark, that I came across recently. I loved the concept of a roasted one dish dinner. But her version called for whole cumin seeds and coriander seeds, spices I don’t stock in my simple spice cupboard. I decided to stick with ingredients we love and always have around instead – lemon and garlic. I think this would be good as an Asian roasted shrimp and broccoli too. Just add some soy sauce, fresh ginger and garnish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
We enjoyed this simple roasted shrimp and broccoli dish for dinner last night and decided it was so easy and delicious it should make a regular appearance in our dinner rotation.
Since the broccoli takes longer to cook, you want to give it a 15 minute head start before adding the shrimp to the pan.
I would use this roasted shrimp and recipe with the Weight Watchers Simply Filling technique too. Would you?
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (jarred is fine)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined, defrosted if frozen
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon wedges for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil, to make cleanup easier.
- Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of the stalk attached to the florets. Either discard the rest of the stalks. Or do what I do – Cut and discard about ½-inch off the bottom end and the portion from the top with all the little branches extending out. Peel the remaining stalk and cut it into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the broccoli on the sheet pan. Sprinkle the garlic over the broccoli and then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Massage and toss it all together and then spread the broccoli out on the baking sheet so it is distributed in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the broccoli is roasting place the shrimp in a small bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon zest, wine (if desired), ½ teaspoon salt and sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper. Stir the mixture around and let the shrimp marinate until it’s time to add them to the pan.
- Once the broccoli has roasted for 15 minutes, add the shrimp to the baking pan and toss them in with the broccoli, distributing them around the pan. Roast until the shrimp are just opaque and the broccoli is tender and browned on some of the tips, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the lemon juice. Serve immediately, along with extra lemon wedges, if desired.
If you like this roasted shrimp and broccoli recipe, you might also like:
Quick Shrimp Recipes – a collection of quick easy shrimp recipes, many with just 4 or 5 ingredients that are ready in minutes
Easy Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe – a quick easy shrimp dish with rice
Shrimp Scampi Recipes Easy & Delicious – a collection of favorite shrimp scampi recipes
Healthy Shrimp Recipes – a collection of healthy shrimp recipes when you want a quick easy healthy dinner
Shrimp & Pasta Recipes Easy & Delicious – for easy dinners with pasta and shrimp