WW Recipe of the Day: Cinnamon Apple Stir Fry
I love the fried apples from Cracker Barrel. Southern comfort food at its finest, I like to order them every time I visit. But a small serving has 170 calories and 8 SmartPoints according the the WW APP!
So I was excited to come across this lighter healthier take: Cinnamon Apple Stir Fry from the great Cookbook, Eat What You Love by Marlene Koch.
These quick and easy Stovetop Cinnamon Apples are perfectly sweet, delicious, and so versatile. They come together quickly and there are so many ways to serve them. These warm tasty apples work great on their own as a side dish, snack or dessert.
Top with a dollop of whipped cream or serve over ice cream or frozen yogurt for a decadently delicious dessert. Use as a topping for oatmeal, yogurt, pancakes or waffles. So many possibilities!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Cinnamon Apple Stir Fry?
According to my calculations, each serving has 100 calories and:
1 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Sugar-free maple flavored syrup is the key to keeping these cinnamon fried apples low in calories and WW Points. If you opt for real maple syrup instead, the Points increases to 5 per serving. Another option might be to use real maple syrup but only half as much for a SmartPoints value of 3.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Stir Fried Cinnamon Apples Step by Step
Step 1: Gather and prep your ingredients...
Step 2: Melt the butter.
Step 3: Cook the apples and cinnamon until lightly browned and tender.
Step 4: Add maple flavored syrup, water, and vanilla and cook until bubbly.
Be sure to choose an apple that won't turn to mush during cooking. Granny Smith, Gala, Braeburn, Honey Crisp, Fuji and Pink Lady would all be good.
- Enjoy, hot, warm or cold.
- Delicious over a small scoop of light vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Warm with a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt and sprinkling of granola
- Great topping for pancakes or waffles.
- Side dish for breakfast.
- A side dish alongside chicken, turkey or pork.
If you've made this WW Stir Fried Apples, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Cinnamon Apple Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound apples (3-4 medium sized), peeled and sliced (4 cups) (I used honey crisp)
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar-free maple flavored syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Set a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the apples and cinnamon and cook, stirring often until the apples are lightly brown and just tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Mix together the syrup, water and vanilla Add to the apples and cook, stirring often until the mixture bubbles, 1-2 minutes.
Recipe source: Eat What You Love by Marlene Koch
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this skinny fried apples recipe, you might also like...
- Microwave Cinnamon Apple Crisp for One
- Healthy Baked Apples
- Skinny Apple Brownies
- Crock Pot Apple Compote
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!