WW Recipe of the Day: Microwave Cinnamon Apple Crisp
Do you like old-fashioned apple crisp but want to skip the long prep work and cooking time? Or maybe you live alone (or have a small family) and don't want to be tempted with a ton of leftover dessert?
This super-simple, apple crisp mixes together in minutes with minimal ingredients and cooks quickly right in the microwave. And the best part is it's a single-serving dessert, so no
The apples cook up soft and tender and the house smells amazing while this is cooking. You can enjoy this as is, with a little whipped topping, or even à la mode. Have an extra special breakfast or brunch treat by serving with a scoop of plain Greek yogurt.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Single Serving Apple Crisp?
According to my calculations, each serving has 276 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Crisp Microwave Mug
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: In a small bowl (affiliate link), combine the topping ingredients: 1-½ teaspoons canola oil, flour, 2-½ teaspoons Truvia Brown Sugar Blend (affiliate link), ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and pinch of salt. Mix with a fork until thoroughly combined and crumbly.
Step 3: In a mug (or microwave-safe bowl), combine the apple, 1 teaspoon Truvia Baking Blend (affiliate link), pinch of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon canola oil and mix well to coat the apple.
Step 4: Microwave (affiliate link) the apple mixture for 5 minutes on HIGH, or until the apple is tender. Remove from microwave and stir.
Step 5: Sprinkle the crumb topping mixture evenly over the warm apple mixture. Microwave on HIGH for 1-½ minutes, or just until the topping is set.
Step 6: Remove from microwave and let crisp stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes, alternatively refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes, before serving.
Step 7: Enjoy plain or with your favorite topping—lite whipped topping, Greek yogurt, non-fat frozen yogurt or lite ice cream would all be delicious.
I was able to reduce this recipe by 3 SmartPoints by substituting canola oil for butter (also making this dessert dairy-free), reducing the total amount used and reducing the amount of flour used in the topping.
The original recipe was a little too sweet for me with too much crumble topping. After making less topping and substituting Truvia for the white and brown sugars, I thought the sweetness level was much better and the apple mixture was better balanced with the topping and didn't get overwhelmed.
Try making Cranberry Apple Crisp by mixing in some chopped dried cranberries with the apples before cooking.
Enjoy this delicious dessert plain, or with your favorite topping. Some popular choices include:
- Lite whipped topping
- Plain (or vanilla) Greek yogurt
- Non-fat frozen yogurt or lite ice cream
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this Single Serving Apple Crisp, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Microwave Cinnamon Apple Crisp
- 1-½ teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-½ teaspoons Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Truvia Baking Blend
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients: 1-½ teaspoons canola oil, flour, 2-½ teaspoons Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and pinch of salt. Mix with a fork until thoroughly combined and crumbly, set aside.
- In a mug (or microwave-safe bowl), combine the filling ingredients: apple, 1 teaspoon Truvia Baking Blend, pinch of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon canola oil and mix well to coat the apple.
- Microwave the apple mixture for 5 minutes on HIGH, or until the apple is tender. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping mixture evenly over the warm apple mixture. Microwave on HIGH for 90 seconds, or just until the topping is set.
- Remove from microwave and let crisp stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes, alternatively refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes, before serving.
- Enjoy plain or with your favorite topping--lite whipped topping, Greek yogurt, non-fat frozen yogurt or lite ice cream would all be delicious.
Recipe source: 250 Best Meals in a Mug: Delicious Homemade Microwave Meals in Minutes (affiliate link) by Camilla V. Saulsbury
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Microwave Mug Apple Crisp, you might also like:
- Easy Apple Pie Parfait
- Fresh Apple Cake
- Apple-Pear Fruit Compote
- 4-Ingredient Microwave Apple Pancake Puff
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply