WW Recipe of the Day: Turkey & Pinto Bean Burritos
(398 calories | *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
Today I’m sharing a recipe for Weight Watchers Turkey Pinto Bean Burritos. For the burrito lover out there, these turkey pinto bean burritos have a lot going for them. They are quick, easy, and can be prepared in a matter of minutes with a minimum of ingredients!
They’re a great alternative to restaurant burritos which can be a lot higher in fat and calories. Perfect when you are craving Mexican food but wanting to stay on track with your points.
The filling is packed with fiber and protein, tastes delicious, and freezes beautifully! They make the perfect meal for a busy weeknight guaranteed to please the entire family!
How Many Calories/SmartPoints in these Turkey Pinto Bean Burritos?
Each serving has 398 calories, *9 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *10 Weight Watchers SmartPoints. Following Weight Watchers new plan for 2018, each serving of these turkey and pinto bean burritos is reduced to *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Turkey Pinto Bean Burritos
This recipe for turkey pinto bean burritos is great as written. It can also be varied in several ways…
For example you could assemble the burritos, top them with some enchilada sauce and a little cheese and give them a quick heat in the oven.
Or use the filling to make turkey bean burrito bowls, serving the mixture atop a bed of rice, salad greens or cauliflower rice.
If you want to bulk these babies up even further, add some chopped onion, bell pepper, or chopped mushrooms to the skillet when you brown the ground turkey. You can fancy these turkey pinto bean burritos even further by topping them with a little fat-free sour cream and/or fresh cilantro on top. Enjoy!
Turkey & Pinto Bean Burrito Recipe Substitutions & Variations
No ground turkey breast?
Substitute whatever ground meat you like best
No pinto beans?
Use whatever beans you prefer – black beans, kidney beans, white beans, etc.
Substitute another can of beans – black beans, kidney beans, etc – for the 3/4 pound ground turkey breast
Add more chili powder and a dash or cayenne pepper or add a chopped jalapeño when cooking the turkey
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these easy, turkey pinto bean burritos made lighter, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken & Pinto Bean Tostadas, WW Slow Cooker Two-Bean Burritos, Slow Cooker Three-Bean Turkey Sausage Chili, 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Taco Fillings and Easy Stacked Chicken Enchiladas
If you’ve made these Turkey Pinto Bean Burritos, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
WW Turkey Pinto Bean Burritos Recipe
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 pound ground skinless turkey breast
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 4 8-inch multigrain tortillas
- 1/2 cup fat-free salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it up into crumbles, until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the beans and chili powder. Continue to cook, stirring often until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas according to the package instructions.
- To make burritos, spoon one-fourth of the turkey bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 2 tablespoons of salsa, 1 tablespoon cheese and one-fourth of the scallions. Fold up each burrito and place seam side down on a serving plate.
Source: Weight Watchers Meals
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Burrito Recipes from some of my favorite Weight Watchers friendly recipe sites:
- Fully Loaded Burrito Bowl (HungryGirl)
- Lentil, Mushroom and Kale Burritos (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Scoopable Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos (HungryGirl)
- Chicken Burrito Bowls (Slender Kitchen)
- Black Bean & Rice Burritos (Organize Yourself Skinny)
- Healthy Chicken Avocado Burrito (Hungry Girl)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!