Today I'm sharing a recipe for Weight Watchers Friendly Turkey Pinto Bean Burritos. For the burrito lover out there, these burritos have a lot going for them. They are quick, easy, and can be prepared in a matter of minutes with a minimum of ingredients!
They're a great alternative to restaurant burritos which can be a lot higher in fat and calories. Perfect when you are craving Mexican food but wanting to stay on track with your points.
The filling is packed with fiber and protein, tastes delicious, and freezes beautifully! They make the perfect meal for a busy weeknight guaranteed to please the entire family!
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Burritos?
According to my calculations, each burrito has 398 calories and:
10 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
9 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Using a low carb burrito, such as Mission brand, can lower the SmartPoints by 2.
This recipe for turkey pinto bean burritos is great as written. It can also be varied in several ways...
For example you could assemble the burritos, top them with some enchilada sauce and a little cheese and give them a quick heat in the oven.
Or use the filling to make turkey bean burrito bowls, serving the mixture atop a bed of rice, salad greens or cauliflower rice.
If you want to bulk these babies up even further, add some chopped onion, bell pepper, or chopped mushrooms to the skillet when you brown the ground turkey. You can fancy these turkey pinto bean burritos even further by topping them with a little fat-free sour cream and/or fresh cilantro on top. Enjoy!
Substitutions & Variations
No ground turkey breast?
Substitute whatever ground meat you like best.
No pinto beans?
Use whatever beans you prefer - black beans, kidney beans, white beans, etc.
Substitute another can of beans - black beans, kidney beans, etc. - for the ¾ pound ground turkey breast.
Add more chili powder and a dash or cayenne pepper or add a chopped jalapeño when cooking the turkey.
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you like these easy, turkey and bean burritos made lighter, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken & Pinto Bean Tostadas, WW Slow Cooker Two-Bean Burritos, Slow Cooker Three-Bean Turkey Sausage Chili, 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Taco Fillings and Easy Stacked Chicken Enchiladas
If you've made these Turkey Pinto Bean Burritos, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
WW Turkey Pinto Bean Burritos Recipe
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ¾ pound ground skinless turkey breast
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 4 8-inch multigrain tortillas
- ½ cup fat-free salsa
- ¼ cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it up into crumbles, until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the beans and chili powder. Continue to cook, stirring often until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas according to the package instructions.
- To make burritos, spoon one-fourth of the turkey bean mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top each with 2 tablespoons of salsa, 1 tablespoon cheese and one-fourth of the scallions. Fold up each burrito and place seam side down on a serving plate.
- No ground turkey breast? Substitute whatever ground meat you like best.
- No pinto beans? Use whatever beans you prefer - black beans, kidney beans, white beans, etc.
- Vegetarian? Substitute another can of beans - black beans, kidney beans, etc. - for the ¾ pound ground turkey breast.
- Spicier? Add more chili powder and a dash or cayenne pepper or add a chopped jalapeño when cooking the turkey.
Source: Weight Watchers Meals
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Burrito Recipes from some of my favorite WW friendly recipe sites:
- Fully Loaded Burrito Bowl (HungryGirl)
- Lentil, Mushroom and Kale Burritos (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Scoopable Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos (HungryGirl)
- Chicken Burrito Bowls (Slender Kitchen)
- Black Bean & Rice Burritos (Organize Yourself Skinny)
- Healthy Chicken Avocado Burrito (Hungry Girl)
Find More Easy Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
I guess I’m not following up how this could possibly be 6 freestyle
points. Could you explain how you got that?
I don't cook with oil, so I left out the oil and I left out the cheese. Could you tell me how many smart points this recipe would be?