WW Recipe of the Day: WW Hoppin’ John Salad with Quinoa
(202 calories | 6 4 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Are you eating black-eyed peas on New Years Day? It’s a generations-old Southern tradition thought to bring good luck and prosperity that I adopted back in 2012, with my inaugural batch of Slow Cooker Vegetarian Black-Eyed Peas.
But, this year, I’m opting for this Weight Watchers Hoppin’ John Salad with Quinoa, a modern interpretation of a southern classic, that is as delicious as it is nutrient rich.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Hoppin’ John Salad with Quinoa Recipe Notes
Quick and easy to prepare, this colorful, flavorful side dish calls for canned black-eyed peas so it can be assembled in less than 30 minutes.
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Light & Healthy Black Eyed Pea & Quinoa Salad?
According to my calculations each generous 1 cup serving has 202 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you’ve made this RECIPE, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Hoppin' John Salad with Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can about 15 ounces black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 pound lean ham chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and finely minced
- Combine the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan set over high heat. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer, covered, until most of the water has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Drain and then scrape the quinoa into a large bowl and let it cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, oil and salt. Pour mixture over the quinoa and toss to coat. Add the black-eyed peas, ham, bell peppers, scallions, cilantro and jalapeno. Toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature.
Source: adapted from Weight Watchers Momentum Healthy and Happy Celebrations
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this recipe you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Black-Eyed Peas
- Hearty Black Eyed Pea Slow Cooker Soup with Vegetables & Sausage
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- How to Make Quinoa on the Stovetop
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!