Weight Watchers Friendly Hearty Black-Eyed Pea Slow Cooker Soup
(230 calories | 3 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Hearty, healthy and deliciously satisfying, my love affair with simple soups continues to deepen.
I concocted this black eyed pea slow cooker soup with what I could pull together from the refrigerator, freezer, and pantry.
I was having a lazy day and wanted a quick and easy dinner that I could toss together in the slow cooker and would cook unattended without having to run to the supermarket for ingredients.
The Skinny on Hearty Black-Eyed Pea Slow Cooker Soup
This lusciously satisfying black eyed pea slow cooker soup with greens, butternut squash, tomatoes and smoked turkey sausage was the result. It's brimming with good-for-you vegetables and fiber.
I used frozen cooked black-eyed peas leftover from New Year's, to make this black eyed pea slow cooker soup but feel free to substitute drained and rinsed canned instead.
Everyone really enjoyed this simple soup served with fresh-from-the-bakery French bread and butter.
Dinner really doesn't have to be complicated to be good 🙂
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Easy Healthy Slow Cooker Black Eyed Pea Soup?
According to my calculations, each serving of this black-eyed pea soup contains about 230 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this low fat Slow Cooker Black Eyed Pea Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Hearty Black-Eyed Pea Slow Cooker Soup with Sausage & Vegetables
- 1 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash (frozen is okay)
- 3 cups (2 cans, 15 oz. each) cooked black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped greens (spinach, chard, collards or kale)
- 2 links (6 ounces) smoked chicken or turkey sausage, cubed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (optional)
- Ideal slow cooker size 6-Quart.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir and adjust seasonings (adding salt and pepper to taste) before serving.
- Add fresh chopped parsley, if desired
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like This Hearty Black-Eyed Pea Slow Cooker Soup, You Might Also Like:
- Favorite Skinny & Delicious Black Bean Soup Recipes
From me as well as other blogs and websites with WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Mushroom Barley Soup
Hearty and healthy
- Slim & Healthy Cream of Broccoli & Cheese Soup
Rich, creamy and delicious
- Easy 5 Ingredient Baked Bean Soup
Sweet, spicy and satisfying with just 5 ingredients
- Slow Cooker Lentil & Chicken Sausage Stew
Hearty, healthy, simple and delicious
This recipe for Hearty Slow Cooked Black-Eyed Pea Soup is featured on Slow Cooker from Scratch
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!