Here's a satisfyingly healthy cream of broccoli cheese soup, that's just as delicious at it is nutritious.
Filling enough to be a main course, especially when served with some whole grain bread and/or a salad, this healthy cream of broccoli cheese soup was a big hit here.
It's super thick and creamy. Brimming with broccoli, potatoes and cheese and pureed until smooth.
A simple one-pot meal that can be ready in about 30 minutes that your whole family will love.
Even people who don't like broccoli will like this healthy cream of broccoli cheddar soup - making it a great way to get all of broccoli's health benefits in a bowl.
Broccoli is naturally low in calories and a great source of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
I read recently that the French have soup for supper quite often - another French weight loss secret worth copying - I think.
You can serve this savory soup with a sprinkling of shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, a dollop of yogurt and/or a sprinkling of sliced scallions or chopped basil.
For a quick and easy lunch or dinner on the go, why not make a big batch and then freeze it in individual portions that you can microwave as needed?
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Soup?
According to my calculations, each serving has 280 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like this easy broccoli cheddar cheese soup made lighter, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly soup recipes including InstantPot Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Creamy Crock Pot Cauliflower Potato Soup, Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip Ravioli Soup, Slow Cooker Potato Artichoke Soup and 4-Ingredient Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
If you've made this Cheesy Broccoli Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slim & Healthy Cream of Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 3 small all-purpose potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups skim milk
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Spray a large nonstick soup pot or Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, potatoes, carrot, broth and basil. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil then turn the heat to low and simmer, with the pot covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. (Or use a stick blender to puree the vegetables right in the pot.)
- Pour the puree back into the soup pot. Add the milk and stir occasionally until heated through.
- Remove pan from the heat and let cool for about 1 minute.
- Add the cheese and stir until it's melted. Adjust salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This brief video shows how easy it is to make your own Panera copycat broccoli cheese soup at home starting with fresh broccoli:
If you like this Healthy Cream of Broccoli Cheese Soup, Here Are a Few More Healthy Broccoli Soup Recipes
- Cooking Light Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe - found at MyRecipes
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup - found at EmilyBites
- Broccoli, Cannellini Bean & Cheddar Soup Recipe - found at EatingWell
- Broccoli, Cheese and Potato Soup Recipe - found at SkinnyTaste
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!