WW Recipe of the Day: Vegetarian Greek Quinoa Salad
If you're looking for a little change of pace from the typical Greek Salad (with romaine, feta and Kalamata olives), you might want to give this hearty Greek Quinoa Salad a try.
Perfect for vegetarians and packed with protein, this salad is a nutritional powerhouse with all the usual flavors you would expect from a Greek salad—chickpeas (garbanzo beans), tomatoes, cucumber, Kalamata olives, red bell pepper, feta cheese and fresh dill.
Tossed with a simple vinaigrette dressing, this quinoa salad quickly became a mealtime favorite.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Vegetarian Greek Quinoa Salad?
According to my calculations, each serving has 171 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
How to Make Greek Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas Step-by-Step
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Assemble the Salad
In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, cucumber, red bell peppers, tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion (if using), feta cheese, Kalamata olives and chickpeas.
Step 3: Prepare the dressing.
In a small bowl add the red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and dill. Whisk together until well combined.
Step 4: Toss the Salad & Dressing Together
Pour dressing over the quinoa salad and stir until well mixed.
Step 5: Chill it Out
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours), until well chilled. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and gently toss before serving.
If you don't have fresh dill on hand, you can substitute 2 teaspoons of dried dill weed for the fresh.
This Greek-inspired quinoa salad makes a great side dish with anything off the grill: tuna, salmon, chicken breasts, steak, pork chops, or keep it vegetarian by serving it with grilled eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers.
Ways to Use Leftovers
- Mix leftover salad with scrambled eggs for a Greek quinoa breakfast scramble
- Add leftovers to half an avocado for a light lunch or dinner
- Toss salad leftovers with rotisserie chicken, canned tuna, or your favorite lean protein, for a complete one-dish meal
If you've made this gluten-free vegetarian Greek Quinoa Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Vegetarian Greek Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ⅔ cup finely chopped red onion (I left this out)
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried dillweed)
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, cucumber, red bell pepper, tomatoes, red onion (if using), feta cheese, olives and chickpeas.
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, add the red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and dill. Whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over quinoa salad and gently stir until well mixed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours), until well chilled.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and gently toss before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in ther refrigerator.
Recipe source: 500 Best Quinoa Recipes: 100% Gluten-Free Super-Easy Superfood by Camilla V. Saulsbury
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Greek-Inspired Quinoa Salad, you might also like:
- Crock Pot Greek Chicken Pita Sandwiches
- Chopped Greek Salad
- Greek Potato Salad
- Mason Jar Greek Turkey Feta Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!