WW Recipe of the Day: Vegetarian Greek Quinoa Salad
(171 calories | 8 6 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
If you’re looking for a little change of pace from the typical Greek Salad (with romaine, feta and Kalamata olives), you might want to give this hearty Greek Quinoa Salad a try.
Perfect for vegetarians and packed with protein, this salad is a nutritional powerhouse with all the usual flavors you would expect from a Greek salad—chickpeas (garbanzo beans), tomatoes, cucumber, Kalamata olives, red bell pepper, feta cheese and fresh dill.
Tossed with a simple vinaigrette dressing, this quinoa salad quickly became a mealtime favorite.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Vegetarian Greek Quinoa Salad?
According to my calculations, each serving has 171 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Vegetarian Greek Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas Step-by-Step
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Assemble the Salad
In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, cucumber, red bell peppers, tomatoes, feta cheese, red onion (if using), feta cheese, Kalamata olives and chickpeas.
Step 3: Prepare the dressing.
In a small bowl add the red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and dill. Whisk together until well combined.
Step 4: Toss the Salad & Dressing Together
Pour dressing over the quinoa salad and stir until well mixed.
Step 5: Chill it Out
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours), until well chilled. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and gently toss before serving.
Greek Quinoa Chickpea Salad Recipe Notes
If you don’t have fresh dill on hand, you can substitute 2 teaspoons of dried dill weed for the fresh.
Greek Quinoa Salad Serving Suggestions
This Greek-inspired quinoa salad makes a great side dish with anything off the grill: tuna, salmon, chicken breasts, steak, pork chops, or keep it vegetarian by serving it with grilled eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers.
Ways to Use Leftover Greek Quinoa Salad
- Mix leftover salad with scrambled eggs for a Greek quinoa breakfast scramble
- Add leftovers to half an avocado for a light lunch or dinner
- Toss salad leftovers with rotisserie chicken, canned tuna, or your favorite lean protein, for a complete one-dish meal
If you’ve made this gluten-free vegetarian Greek Quinoa Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Vegetarian Greek Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red onion (I left this out)
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried dillweed)
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, cucumber, red bell pepper, tomatoes, red onion (if using), feta cheese, olives and chickpeas.
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, add the red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and dill. Whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over quinoa salad and gently stir until well mixed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours), until well chilled.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and gently toss before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in ther refrigerator.
Recipe source: 500 Best Quinoa Recipes: 100% Gluten-Free Super-Easy Superfood by Camilla V. Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Greek-Inspired Quinoa Salad, you might also like:
- Crock Pot Greek Chicken Pita Sandwiches
- Chopped Greek Salad
- Greek Potato Salad
- Mason Jar Greek Turkey Feta Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!