Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Greek Potato Salad
I love potato salad and always seem to be experimenting with different potato salad recipes.
Growing up, Mom only ever made potato salad one way—with lots of mayonnaise—like this great old-fashioned potato recipe.
We liked it. It showed up at lots of back yard barbecues, pot luck dinners and whenever she had some leftover potatoes languishing in the refrigerator.
My Dad is a huge potato salad fan and even likes it made from leftover mashed potatoes.
While I still love creamy potato salads, these days I also like French style potato salads dressed with vinaigrette instead of mayonnaise.
The first potato salad—sans mayo—I ever made was called Greek Potato Salad. I think it came from one of Susan Branch's beautifully illustrated cookbooks, possibly Heart of the Home: Notes From a Vineyard Kitchen (affiliate link), but I can't be sure since many of my cookbooks—including that one—are in Wisconsin, while I'm here in Phoenix.
Is there such a thing as cookbook separation anxiety? If there is, I've got it!
Be forewarned, this potato salad recipe will only work for people who like feta cheese. If you don't, you will probably have a similar reaction to the one my husband had when he tasted it - yuck!
If you don't like feta cheese, feel free to leave it out. It's still good.
And the original recipe calls for dried herbs. If you use fresh, you'll want to increase the amounts 2 to 3 times, or to taste.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Greek Potato Salad?
According to my calculations, each serving of this Greek-Inspired Potato Salad has about 294 calories and
11 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
11 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you enjoy this potato salad with Mediterranean flavors, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly potato salad recipes including Slow Cooker German Potato Salad, Light & Zesty Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad, WW Chicken Potato Salad, Creamy Red, White and Blue Potato Salad and WW Dill Potato Salad
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this Potato Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Greek Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds small to medium red potatoes
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon mint (optional)
- ½ teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thoroughly scrub your potatoes and then cook them (un-peeled) in generously salted water until tender. (You'll know they are done, when you can insert a sharp knife easily.) Drain them thoroughly and then chop them into bite-size pieces.
- You can get the rest of the ingredients ready, while the potatoes are cooking.
- Place your chopped potatoes a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oil, vinegar and herbs together well and then pour the dressing over the potatoes while they are still warm.
- Add the feta, peppers, and olives and toss gently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
Source: adapted from Heart of the Home: Notes From a Vineyard Kitchen (affiliate link) by Susan Branch.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Salad Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Easy Old Fashioned Potato Salad Recipe
- Simple Salad of Shredded Romaine and Dill
- Simple Pasta Salad Recipe
- Simple Corn Salad Recipe
- Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes
- Simple Shrimp Salad
Watch how to make another version of Greek Potato Salad:
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply