Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Chicken Potato Salad
(219 calories | *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
This is becoming the summer for salads around here.
I’m getting into the habit of preparing one or two salads on Sunday so they’re ready and waiting for quick and easy lunches and dinners during the week.
The addition of chicken to this potato salad turns it into an easy, healthy and delicious make-ahead meal.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Chicken Potato Salad
Make potato salad in a fresh new way with a mustard-vinegar dressing instead of mayonnaise.
I love mayo-based potato salad too, but this is a lighter alternative perfect for summer.
For an even quicker version, substitute white meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken, instead of poaching boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Or do what I did, toss in chunks of leftover grilled chicken breast.
According to my calculations each serving of this Weight Watchers Chicken Potato Salad has 219 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *5 SmartPoints and *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
This recipe will work with the Simply Filling Technique as long as you count the oil toward your daily Good Health Guidelines Requirement.
And for those of you interested in following the Old Weight Watchers Exchanges Program, I’ve included that information too. Enjoy!
If you like this WW Chicken Potato Salad, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Dill Potato Salad, WW Red Potato Salad, Chicken Salad with Cranberries & Apples, Greek Chicken Couscous Salad and WW Chicken Brown Rice Bowl
If you’ve made this Mayo-Less Potato Salad with Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Chicken Potato Salad Recipe
- 10 ounces small red potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 medium scallions, thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (optional)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In medium saucepan, combine potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Add enough water to cover. the potatoes by an inch and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; and simmer 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife. Drain the potatoes discarding the liquid. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a large skillet, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add chicken; return liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to low; poach chicken 6 minutes, until cooked through.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to the bowl with the potatoes. Add the red and yellow bell peppers, scallions, parsley, thyme and zest (if using) to potato mixture. Toss to combine.
- In a small jar with tight-fitting lid or small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and shake well or, with wire whisk, blend until combined.
- Pour vinegar mixture over potato mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or overnight. Taste again before serving and add more salt, pepper and/or vinegar, if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
I used the following kitchen tools to making this recipe:
Watch this video to learn hoe to make a mayonnaise-free Italian-style potato salad:
More Easy Weight Watchers Friendly Salad Recipes
- Rainbow Potato Salad (SkinnyTaste)
- Sloppy Jane Stuffed Potatoes (HungryGirl)
- Country Potato Salad with Ham (LaaLoosh)
- Roasted Potato Salad with Shrimp & Fennel (Cookin’Canuck)
- Low Calorie Sweet Potato Salad (HungryGirl)
- Salmon, Sweet Potato & Avocado Kale Salad (SlenderKitchen)
Here’s a fresh take on potato salad with Byron Talbott:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!