WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pitas
(310 calories | *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked in the crock pot with onions, garlic and Greek inspired seasonings until tender, then shredded and enhanced with a bit of Greek yogurt.
Stuffed into warm pitas and topped with fresh vegetables, enjoy these Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pitas for lunch or dinner anytime of year.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pitas
Tender and flavorful, we really enjoyed these lower fat Greek Chicken pitas.
It’s definitely a recipe I’d make again. And again.
According to my calculations each serving has 310 calories and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus, *7 Weight Watchers Smartpoints.
Following Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, these are now *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these Skinny Greek Chicken Pitas, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pitas Recipe
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 pita breads, warmed, for serving (gluten-free, if desired)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, for serving
- 1 roma tomato, chopped, for serving
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional, for serving)
- Ideal slow cooker size: Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2- to 3-Quart.
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place the onions and garlic in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer them to the slow cooker.
- Coat the chicken thighs with the lemon pepper, oregano, allspice and salt and add to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Stir the yogurt into the onion mixture in the slow cooker. Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir back into the slow cooker.
- To serve, with a slotted spoon, spoon the chicken mixture into the warm pitas. Top with cucumber, tomato and feta cheese if using.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from Colleen’s Kitchen shows how she makes Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
More WW Friendly Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Easy Healthy 2-Ingredient Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- Skinny Southwest Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Cuban Chicken with Citrus
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!