Weight Watchers SmartPoints Recipe of the Day: Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad
After my success with Camilla’s lemony lentil and quinoa salad recipe last week, I was excited to try my hand at another quinoa salad recipe.
What can I say, except I’m a creature of habit, who likes to repeat what’s working for me!
This one is a quinoa variation for Stoplight Salad featured in the Simply in Season, a fun cookbook full of recipes that celebrate fresh, local foods in the spirit of the World Community Cookbook, More-With-Less.
The Skinny on Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad
Once again, I’m pleasantly surprised with the results.
This colorful tasty southwest quinoa salad is great on its own as a light lunch or served alongside grilled meat, chicken or fish for an easy healthy dinner.
It’s a great gluten-free Weight Watchers friendly alternative to rice, with only 4* Weight Watchers PointsPlus value per serving.
Each serving has 3* WW SmartPoints if made without corn and 4* SmartPoints with corn.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup corn (optional)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, parsley or basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, corn (if using), diced peppers, green onions, and cilantro until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper, until well blended.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Toss gently.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
Next time I will add a can of drained and rinsed black beans
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad, you might also like:
- My recipe for fresh corn salad with tomatoes and basil
- A simple recipe for tomatoes, basil and brown rice that’s easy, healthy, low fat and delicious
- My post and recipe for Camilla’s Lemony Lentil and Quinoa Salad
- Asian Flavored Quinoa Salad recipe brimming with good-for-you vegetables in a tasty dressing from Weight Watchers
- Quinoa Salad with Zucchini and Lemon from Kitchen Parade Veggie Venture
- A luscious looking healthy Southwest Quinoa Salad recipe with gorgeous step-by-step photos at Kalyn’s Kitchen
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.