Weight Watchers SmartPoints Recipe of the Day: Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad
After my success with Camilla’s lemony lentil and quinoa salad recipe last week, I was excited to try my hand at another quinoa salad recipe.
What can I say, except I’m a creature of habit, who likes to repeat what’s working for me!
This one is a quinoa variation for Stoplight Salad featured in the Simply in Season, a fun cookbook full of recipes that celebrate fresh, local foods in the spirit of the World Community Cookbook, More-With-Less.
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
The Skinny on Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad
Once again, I’m pleasantly surprised with the results.
This colorful tasty southwest quinoa salad is great on its own as a light lunch or served alongside grilled meat, chicken or fish for an easy healthy dinner.
It’s a great gluten-free Weight Watchers friendly alternative to rice, with only 4* Weight Watchers PointsPlus value per serving.
Each serving has 3* WW SmartPoints if made without corn and 4* SmartPoints with corn.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup corn (optional)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, parsley or basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, corn (if using), diced peppers, green onions, and cilantro until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper, until well blended.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Toss gently.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
Next time I will add a can of drained and rinsed black beans
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad, you might also like:
- My recipe for fresh corn salad with tomatoes and basil
- A simple recipe for tomatoes, basil and brown rice that’s easy, healthy, low fat and delicious
- My post and recipe for Camilla’s Lemony Lentil and Quinoa Salad
- Asian Flavored Quinoa Salad recipe brimming with good-for-you vegetables in a tasty dressing from Weight Watchers
- Quinoa Salad with Zucchini and Lemon from Kitchen Parade Veggie Venture
- A luscious looking healthy Southwest Quinoa Salad recipe with gorgeous step-by-step photos at Kalyn’s Kitchen
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.