WW SmartPoints Recipe of the Day: Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad
(166 calories | 3 3 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
After my success with Camilla’s lemony lentil and quinoa salad recipe last week, I was excited to try my hand at another quinoa salad recipe.
What can I say, except I’m a creature of habit, who likes to repeat what’s working for me.
This one is a quinoa variation for Stoplight Salad featured in the Simply in Season , a fun cookbook full of recipes that celebrate fresh, local foods in the spirit of the World Community Cookbook, More-With-Less Cookbook .
This video Quinoa 101, shares everything you need to know about buying, storing and how to cook quinoa:
How Many Weight Watchers Points in this Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad Recipe?
Each generous 1/2-cup serving has about 166 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad Recipe Notes
Once again, I’m pleasantly surprised with the results.
This colorful tasty southwest quinoa salad is great on its own as a light lunch or served alongside grilled meat, chicken or fish for an easy healthy dinner.
It’s a great gluten-free Weight Watchers friendly alternative to rice.
If you like this vegetarian quinoa salad, be sure to check out my other WW friendly salad recipes, including Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Skillet, Greek Quinoa Salad, Crock Pot Vegetable Quinoa Salad, Hoppin’ John Quinoa Salad and Perfect InstantPot Quinoa
If you’ve made this Southwest Inspired Quinoa, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup corn (optional)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, parsley or basil
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, corn (if using), diced peppers, green onions, and cilantro until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper, until well blended.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Toss gently.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Inspiration: Simply in Season by Cathleen Hockman-Wert and Mary Beth Lind
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Southwest Stoplight Quinoa Salad, you might also like:
- My recipe for fresh corn salad with tomatoes and basil
- A simple recipe for tomatoes, basil and brown rice that’s easy, healthy, low fat and delicious
- My post and recipe for Camilla’s Lemony Lentil and Quinoa Salad
- Asian Flavored Quinoa Salad recipe brimming with good-for-you vegetables in a tasty dressing from Weight Watchers
- Quinoa Salad with Zucchini and Lemon from A Veggie Venture
- A luscious looking healthy Southwest Quinoa Salad recipe with gorgeous step-by-step photos at Kalyn’s Kitchen
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!