WW Recipe of the Day: Zero Points Skinny Fresh Strawberry Salsa
I made this simple strawberry salsa recently to go with the grilled pork we were planning for dinner. If you are a fan of fruit flavored salsas from the jar you owe it to yourself to try this fresh from scratch one.
It's based on the Pam Anderson's "Create-Your-Own Fruit Salsa" recipe from her book, The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great .
Fresh fruit salsas are a delicious way to boost your intake of fruits and vegetables.
In her headnotes, Pam explains that you can "use whatever seasonal fruit you've got: mangoes, peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums, oranges, grapefruit, grapes, melons, strawberries, blueberries, apples, or pear. Or use a mix of fruit.
Since it's strawberry season what I had was strawberries.
She goes on to explain that you should choose a bell pepper color to contrast with the fruit, which means I should have used green or yellow to contrast with the strawberries. Unfortunately, I only had a red one so I went with it.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Fresh Strawberry Salsa?
This strawberry salsa recipe makes a generous 2 cups of salsa, or about 6 (⅓-cup) servings. And it's made exclusively from Weight Watchers Zero Points foods.
According to my nutritional estimates each ⅓-cup serving has 29 calories and
0 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Although my photo doesn't do it justice, this was just the right thing to perk up our pork. It would be great on grilled chicken, shrimp or fish too.
If you've made this Fresh Strawberry Salsa, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups finely diced strawberries, or whatever fresh fruit you prefer
- ½ medium yellow, red, or green pepper, finely diced
- 3 medium scallions, sliced thin, or ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice or rice wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, basil, parsley, or mint leaves
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the ingredients, using the smaller amount of lime juice or vinegar and fresh herbs listed and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 to 30 minutes, for the flavors to blend.
- Before serving, taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more lime juice or vinegar, herbs and salt and pepper as needed.
Source: The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great by Pam Anderson
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Salsa Recipes
- Fresh Tomato Salsa Weight Watchers Pico de Gallo
- Corn Tomato Salsa
- Simple Mango Salsa Recipe
- WW Black Bean Mango Salsa
- California Fresh Blender Salsa
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!