WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Moroccan Baked Beans
While I love baked beans, I have to admit that I've never actually tried making them before.
Since Martha had such a good result making these more traditional slow cooker baked beans, I knew the slow cooker was definitely the way to go.
I found this recipe for Slow-Cooked Moroccan Baked Beans in Homemade in a Hurry: More than 300 Shortcut Recipes for Delicious Home Cooked Meals - my new favorite cookbook, by my new favorite cookbook author, Andrew Schloss.
Since the recipe leaped off the page at me, I figured this is the one that I wanted to make in my crock pot.
The beans came out so tender, flavorful and delicious. We enjoyed them with some grilled chicken breasts and a simple green salad.
While these beans taste great by themselves, I could also imagine adding in some already-cooked shredded rotisserie chicken for a quick lunch.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Crock Pot Moroccan Baked Beans?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 150 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
I used the following kitchen tools to make this recipe:
If you like these Slow Cooked Moroccan-Spiced Vegetarian Baked Beans, be sure to check out my other WW friendly recipes including: Slow Cooker Baked Beans, Slow Cooker White Beans, Crock Pot Creole White Beans with Chicken, Crock Pot White Beans + Shrimp and Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Beans
Slow Cooker Moroccan Baked Beans
- 1 pound dried white beans (navy beans or Great Northern)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 carrots, peeled with the ends cut off and chopped into chunks
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- If desired, rinse beans before adding to slow cooker (but it's not necessary to soak them first, according to Schloss).
- Add chopped onion, coriander, cumin, cinnamon stick, honey, chopped carrots, and broth to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW about 10 hours, or until the beans are tender and the majority of the broth has been absorbed.
- Season with lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste, before serving.
- Don't forget to take out the cinnamon stick before serving.
Source: Homemade in a Hurry: More than 300 Shortcut Recipes for Delicious Home Cooked Meals by Andrew Schloss
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like Slow Cooker Moroccan Baked Beans You Might Also Like:
- Instant Pot Brown Sugar Baked Beans (SkinnyTaste)
- Easy Baked Bean Soup (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Bubble Up BBQ Chicken and Beans Bake (EmilyBites)
- Italian Slow Cooker Pork and White Bean Stew
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!