WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Moroccan Baked Beans
(150 calories | 3 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
While I love baked beans, I have to admit that I've never actually tried making them before.
Since Martha had such a good result making these more traditional slow cooker baked beans, I knew the slow cooker was definitely the way to go.
I found this recipe for Slow-Cooked Moroccan Baked Beans in Homemade in a Hurry: More than 300 Shortcut Recipes for Delicious Home Cooked Meals - my new favorite cookbook, by my new favorite cookbook author, Andrew Schloss.
Since the recipe leaped off the page at me, I figured this is the one that I wanted to make in my crock pot.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Moroccan Baked Beans
The beans came out so tender, flavorful and delicious. We enjoyed them with some grilled chicken breasts and a simple green salad.
While these beans taste great by themselves, I could also imagine adding in some already-cooked shredded rotisserie chicken for a quick lunch.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 150 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
I used the following kitchen tools to make this recipe:
If you like these Slow Cooked Moroccan-Spiced Vegetarian Baked Beans, be sure to check out my other WW friendly recipes including: Slow Cooker Baked Beans, Slow Cooker White Beans, Crock Pot Creole White Beans & Chicken, Crock Pot White Beans & Shrimp and Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Beans
Slow Cooker Moroccan Baked Beans
- 1 pound dried white beans (navy beans or Great Northern)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 carrots, peeled with the ends cut off and chopped into chunks
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- If desired, rinse beans before adding to slow cooker (but it's not necessary to soak them first, according to Schloss).
- Add chopped onion, coriander, cumin, cinnamon stick, honey, chopped carrots, and broth to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW about 10 hours, or until the beans are tender and the majority of the broth has been absorbed.
- Season with lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste, before serving.
- Don't forget to take out the cinnamon stick before serving.
Source: Homemade in a Hurry: More than 300 Shortcut Recipes for Delicious Home Cooked Meals by Andrew Schloss
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like Slow Cooker Moroccan Baked Beans You Might Also Like:
- Instant Pot Brown Sugar Baked Beans (SkinnyTaste)
- Easy Baked Bean Soup (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Bubble Up BBQ Chicken & Beans Bake (EmilyBites)
- Italian Slow Cooker Pork and White Bean Stew
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!