WW Recipe of the Day: Light & Healthy Pumpkin Pie French Toast for Two
Today I'm excited to share this recipe for pumpkin pie spiced french toast. It's a wonderful spin on traditional french toast perfect for pumpkin spice lovers. You can enjoy the delectable aroma and flavor of pumpkin pie for breakfast all year long.
With just 170 calories and fewer calories and carbs than a typical bowl of cereal and milk - this luscious WW friendly dish works equally well for breakfast or dinner, which is how we usually enjoy it.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this French Toast?
According to my calculations, each 2-slice serving (when made with French bread) has 170 calories and
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
You can shave 3 WW SmartPoints per serving by substituting your favorite reduced calorie bread.
How to Make Skinny Pumpkin Pie French Toast, Ste- by Step
Step 1: Gather and prep your ingredients.
Step 2: Soak your bread and cook in a heated skillet until lightly browned, flipping once.
French toast is actually better when the bread is a little old/stale. Alternatively you can let it dry out for several hours or overnight.
The kind of bread you choose will affect the WW SmartPoints value. Decrease the SmartPoints by 3 if you substitute reduced calorie bread.
Though the recipe is written to serve two, it can be easily multiplied to serve more.
No Pumpkin Pie Spice?
In a small bowl , whisk together 1-½ tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, and ½ teaspoon ground cloves until well blended. Store in a small airtight jar.
We enjoyed our pumpkin pie french toast, topped with a drizzle of maple syrup with bacon alongside. Turkey bacon, sausage, or turkey sausage would all be good. This would also be great with sliced fried apples, warm pear apple compote, or your favorite fruit salad.
If you've made this easy skinny French toast for two, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Pumpkin Pie French Toast for Two
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices French Bread (I used light whole grain bread instead)
- In a shallow bowl (in which you can dip a slice of bread), whisk together the egg, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and until well blended.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Gently dip the bread into the egg mixture, letting the excess drip off and place in the hot skillet.
- Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. With a spatula, flip the bread over and cook until the underside is golden, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Repeat with any remaining slices of bread.
DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend:
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1-½ tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, and ½ teaspoon ground cloves until well blended. Store in a small airtight jar.
Recipe source: Eat What You Love Quick & Easy by Marlene Koch
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Light & Healthy Pumpkin Pie French Toast, you might also like
- Light & Healthy Baked French Toast with Strawberry Topping
- Slow Cooker Eggnog French Toast
- Homemade Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Puree
- Healthy Pumpkin Baked Donuts
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!