WW Recipe of the Day: No Cook Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
This simple pudding, with all the same flavors of your favorite pumpkin pie, is a deliciously simple dessert perfect anytime you are craving pie but not all the hassle of making one.
It requires only a handful of easy-to-find common ingredients and mixes together in minutes. The pudding does need time to chill before serving, but there's no need to turn on your oven or stove, which I love.
Naturally gluten-free and dairy-free, the chia seeds in this yummy treat offer a nice little boost of fiber!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this No Cook Pumpkin Chia Pudding?
According to my calculations, each serving has 104 calories and
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Pumpkin Chia Pudding Cups
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients. You will also need 1 large covered jar and 6 small covered jars, dessert bowls or ramekins.
Step 2: Add the almond milk, dates and chia seeds to a large covered jar. Place cover on jar and shake well.
Step 3: Place jar in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Step 5: Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and salt and blend just until combined.
Step 6: Divide pudding evenly between 6 small jars with lids, small bowls or ramekins. Cover with lids, or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for an additional hour before serving.
Step 7: Store any remaining pudding cups in the refrigerator.
I used pitted Medjool dates to make my pudding—they are a personal favorite, good-sized and usually very plump, moist and deliciously sweet. Dates can vary greatly in size, so it's probably best to measure your dates with a small kitchen scale to know how many will make up ½ cup. I ended up using 6 dates in this recipe.
Enjoy your pudding plain, or topped with a dollop of lite whipped topping and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Ways to Use Leftovers
- Add leftover pudding with non-fat Greek yogurt, a frozen banana, and additional plain unsweetened almond milk (if necessary) and a few ice cubes then blend for a yummy creamy pumpkin pie smoothie.
- Layer leftover pudding with non-fat Greek yogurt, your favorite low-fat granola and pepitas, or pumpkin seeds, for a quick morning pumpkin pie breakfast parfait.
If you've made this Vegan Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened almond milk beverage
- ½ cup pitted dates (I used 6 dates, number will vary depending on size of dates.)
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add the almond milk, dates and chia seeds to a large covered jar. Place cover on jar and shake well.
- Refrigerate jar for at least 4 hours.
- After mixture is completely chilled, pour into a blender and process on high speed until very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. (I used my VitaMix)
- Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and salt and blend just until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between 6 small jars with lids, small bowls or ramekins. Cover with lids or plastic wrap and refrigerate for an additional hour before serving.
- Store any remaining pudding dessert in the refrigerator.
Recipe source: Clean Eating Magazine
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Easy Pumpkin Pie Chia Dessert Pudding, you might also like:
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Yogurt
- Impossibly Easy Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Panna Cotta Made Lighter
- WW Friendly Pumpkin Mousse Dessert Fluff
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!