WW Recipe of the Day: Low Fat Blueberry Pie Sundaes
(278 calories | *8 WW SmartPoints)
Craving blueberry pie but don’t want to take all that time and effort?
This simple deconstructed Blueberry Pie Sundae is a deliciously simple low fat substitute for those blueberry pie cravings requiring a lot less time and effort than traditional blueberry pie.
The blueberry mixture is cooked on the stove and thickened until it’s very jammy.
Then you simply mix in some fresh blueberries and pour over low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt and finish it off with some crumbled shortbread finger cookies! Easy peasy, right?
A family-favorite dessert that couldn’t be easier or more delicious!
How Many Calories and WW Points in each Low Fat Blueberry Pie Sundae?
According to my calculations, each serving has 278 calories, *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Blueberry Sundae Recipe Notes
The blueberry sauce can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If refrigerated, just add to a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for about 90 seconds, or until warm. Be sure to stop and stir the mixture every 30 seconds to prevent any burning.
Ways to Use Blueberry Pie Leftovers
If you have some blueberry mixture leftover, you can enjoy it:
- in your breakfast smoothie or protein shake
- smeared on a toasted English muffin
- as a topping for light & healthy pancakes
- stirred in with some nonfat Greek yogurt and topped with a few spoonfuls of granola for a tasty healthy yogurt fruit parfait
- added to mini filo shells and heated in the oven, or toaster oven, for some mini blueberry tarts
If you’ve made these deconstructed Blueberry Pie Sundaes, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low Fat Blueberry Pie Sundaes
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2-1/4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt (or your favorite non-dairy version)
- 3 English shortbread cookies, coarsely crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining 2 tablespoons water and 1-1/2 cups blueberries and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 3 minutes, or until berries start to break down.
- Gradually add cornstarch mixture to blueberry mixture, whisking constantly. Cook about 1 minute, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove pan with blueberry mixture from heat and stir in remaining 3/4 cup blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt. Let blueberry mixture stand about 5 minutes.
- In six small bowls or dessert glasses, scoop 1/2 cup low fat vanilla frozen yogurt. Spoon approx. 1/3 cup blueberry mixture over each scoop frozen yogurt and sprinkle evenly with crumbled cookies.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe source: Cooking Light Magazine, August 2016
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these low fat blueberry pie sundaes, you might also like
- Light & Healthy Apple Pie Parfait
- Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Cheesecake Bark
- Easy Watermelon-Lime “Sorbet”
- Simple Strawberry Nonfat Frozen Yogurt
- 1-Ingredient Banana “Ice Cream”
- WW Friendly Blueberry Recipes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!