WW Recipe of the Day: Low Calorie Creamy Courgette Soup
(55 calories | 2 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Courgettes by any other name are our beloved zucchini. They most commonly come in yellow, green and the striated white version.
I’ve grown and enjoyed all types in scores of dishes.
This simple low calorie courgette soup uses your standard green zucchini which is my favorite.
Courgette soup can be found with regional variations wherever you live. In France, we find it laden with delicious crème fraiche. In Mexico, you’ll see a rendition with bitingly hot salsa and crema or flavored cream.
I’ve changed the French version slightly to make it lighter and more WW friendly by using thick Greek yogurt rather than crème fraiche. Believe me, it’s hardly a sacrifice. The yogurt adds a wonderful rich mouth feel to the vegetables and herbs.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Creamy Low Calorie Courgette Soup?
According to my calculations, each serving has just 55 calories, and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Low Calorie Courgette Soup Recipe Notes
Be careful with the jalapeño as they can be really hot. Take caution when taking out the seeds; use gloves if you have them to avoid stinging fingers.
Though I’ve specified Greek yogurt in the recipe, any plain, non-fat yogurt will work. Icelandic yogurt, available in lots of places including Trader Joe’s, is my current favorite as it is really rich, not too tangy and unbelievably low calorie.
Creamy Courgette Soup Serving Suggestions
Serve this soup hot from the pot or store it in a covered container and serve it cold on a warm spring day. If you serve it cold, taste before serving and season again with salt and pepper as chilling may dull the flavors.
Ways to Use Courgette Soup Leftovers
If you’re just serving one or two, you will have some soup leftover. Enjoy another day. Or as crazy as it sounds, this makes a great topping for any simple grilled, or baked, fish or chicken.
My favorite wine to serve with this soup is a a crisp sauvignon blanc from New Zealand.
If you’ve made this Low Calorie Zucchini Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low Calorie Creamy Courgette Soup
- 3 medium zucchinis, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 large shallot
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups reduced sodium vegetable, or chicken, broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the shallot, jalapeno and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallot, jalapeno and garlic. Sauté, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and broth and heat to a simmer. Lightly season with salt and pepper, then cook until the zucchini are soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove pot from the heat and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Puree the soup in a blender, or food processor, then return the soup to the pot.
- Whisk in the yogurt and reheat over very low flame until hot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cool, or cold.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this RECIPE, you might also like
- Skinny Curried Zucchini Soup
- Italian Zucchini Pesto Soup
- WW Zucchini Cauliflower Soup
- Slow Cooker Ratatouille
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!