WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy Baked Salmon in Foil for Two
Salmon is the most easily accessible fish on many parts of the globe. Whether you use farm-raised or wild caught fish, baking is the easiest and in many ways the most delicious way to cook it.
For this recipe, I bake the salmon in foil packets making cleanup a breeze too!
You'll be amazed by what little effort this baked salmon recipe requires. It's super simple, yet so delicious and so good for you too. The foil locks in moisture and ensures that your beautiful piece of fish turns out flakey, moist, and tender.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Baked Salmon?
According to my calculations, each serving has 250 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
With such a rich and oily fish, it's a good idea to add a tart balance of lemon juice, or dry white wine, to balance the flavor.
Using the zest of the lemon really emphasizes this and is a delicious surprise when bitten into.
Springtime usually means that fresh herbs are beginning to appear. Maybe it's your produce department or your own garden that’s starting to bloom, it's time to really play around with herbs to make flavors jump and satisfy your soul. I chose fresh basil, but parsley, dill, tarragon or a combination would all be delicious.
I used regular foil to make the packages, however if you have parchment paper that's a great substitute.
The green olives added a briny taste which was lovely for us. If you have black Kalamatas or other Mediterranean olives, they're just as tasty in this dish.
The baking time will vary based upon the size and thickness of your salmon.
Warm olives are a taste treat in themselves; alongside bites of lemony salmon, they are heavenly.
Serve with simple potatoes, rice, or your favorite vegetable and a spring spinach salad to round out the meal. Here are a few more sides that pair perfectly with salmon without being boring:
- Healthy Broccoli Avocado Salad
- Simple Summer Corn Tomato Salad
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Orzo Salad with Vegetables
- Roasted Carrots a Variety of Ways
A good chardonnay from California is a classic great wine match for this baked salmon.
Ways to Use Leftovers
The wonderful bonus with this dish is along with almost no clean up, is that it only serves two so there's no need to store leftovers. If a few bites of salmon remain, save 'em and eat cold as a small, tasty protein snack!
If you've made this Low Carb Baked Salmon, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Healthy Baked Salmon in Foil for Two
- 2 fresh salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 sprigs basil
- 6 green olives
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 lemon slices
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut two 8-inch squares of aluminum foil. Lightly spray each piece of foil with olive oil. Place a fillet on each piece of foil.
- Season fish lightly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon lemon juice over the filets.
- Sprinkle each with half of the lemon zest and cover the fish with a basil sprig.
- Place 3 olives alongside the fish on one side. Place 3 tomatoes on the other side. Top each fillet with a lemon slice.
- Bring 2 sides of the foil together to enclose the fish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- Unwrap the packets and serve immediately.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this healthy baked Salmon, you might also like
- Crock Pot Foil-Wrapped Fish
- Low Carb Miso-Glazed Salmon
- Crock Pot Salmon with Asian-Style Veggies
- Salmon Patties
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!