WW Recipe of the Day: Low-Fat Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
Moist and satisfying, this skinny coffee cake is a sweet and special way to start the day.
I'm a coffee cake lover. There's something so indulgent about having cake for breakfast.
It's not something I do all the time, just every once in a while for a special treat.
Some of my favorite coffee cakes are the kind that begin with a yellow cake mix that you sprinkle with streusel layers of cinnamon, brown sugar and chopped nuts. The flavors remind me of the little Drake's Coffee Cakes (affiliate link) I was so fond of as a kid growing up back east.
If you prefer to bake from scratch check out this yummy coffee crumb cake recipe
This quick and easy skinny low fat cinnamon streusel coffee cake begins with a box of Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Cupcake Mix (affiliate link), which is essentially a 9-ounce cake mix (instead of the standard 18.25-ounce package) designed to make just 12 cupcakes.
You can always use half of a standard cake mix instead.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Coffee Cake?
According to my calculations each serving has 149 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Low-Fat Streusel Coffee Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Skinny Low Fat Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
For the streusel
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
For the coffee cake
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cupcake mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpse flour
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Position an oven rack in the center and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly mist an 8 x 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- To make the streusel, in a small bow, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans until well combined.
- To make the cake, in a large bowl, beat together the dry cake mix, flour, yogurt, water, oil, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Scrape ½ the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out evenly. Sprinkle ½ the streusel mixture evenly over the batter in the pan.
- Scrape the remaining batter over the topping, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle the rest of the streusel topping over the cake batter.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve while still a little warm.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Skinny Coffee Cake Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Grandma's Favorite Coffee Cake Recipe
- Low Fat Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
- Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Coffee Cake
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!