WW Recipe of the Day: Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Coffee Cake
I've been wanting to try this Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Coffee Cake for a while and decided I'd better get to it before the temperatures around here climb any further.
Low in fat, brimming with berries and topped with granola, it's a great lighter, healthier alternative to regular coffee cake.
And easy to toss together too.
Skinny on Mixed Berry Coffee Cake
Simple and delicious, this not-too-sweet mixed berry whole wheat coffee cake is a great way to satisfy my desire for baked treats without sending me into sugar shock.
We enjoyed it warm from the oven for breakfast with nonfat Greek yogurt and more berries. YUM!
According to my calculations, each serving has 160 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Whole Wheat Berry Coffee Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Mixed Berry Whole Wheat Coffee Cake
- ½ cup lowfat buttermilk
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed berries, fresh or frozen (I used blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- ¼ cup low-fat granola, slight crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray and 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together the buttermilk, brown sugar, oil, vanilla and egg until well blended. Stir in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt just until moistened. Gently fold in half of the berries.
- Scrape the batter into your prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle with remaining berries and the granola.
- Bake until golden brown and top springs back when touched in center, about Bake 28 to 32 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Whole Wheat Coffee Cake with Mixed Berries you might also like:
- Orange Pineapple Muffin Cake
- Fresh Raspberry Cake
- Low Fat Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Blueberry Coffee Cake (Ellie Krieger for the Food Network)
- Low Fat Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!