Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Apple, Pear & Cranberry Crisp with Gingersnaps
I got the idea for this Gingersnap-Topped Apple, Pear, Cranberry Crisp from this recipe for Joe’s Awesome Apple, Pear, Cranberry Pie with Gingersnap Topping over at Cookie Madness.
Reading Anna’s description of this lovely tasting pie was my inspiration for coming up with a lighter, healthier more Weight Watchers Friendly variation.
So, I followed Anna’s lead and used this as an excuse to buy a box of gingersnaps – a crunchy, spicy, low-fat cookie I forget how much I liked until I tasted one …
The Skinny on Apple, Pear, Cranberry Crisp with Gingersnaps
I decided to turn the pie, into a crisp, one of my all-time favorite desserts.
By skipping the crust and decreasing the amount of fat in the topping, I was able to create a tasty, sweet and tangy, satisfying apple, pear and cranberry crisp with gingersnap topping with just *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 SmartPoints.
And I love how the cranberries give the filling such a pretty rosy hue too!
It’s excellent served warm with a little scoop of light vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if you can afford the extra Points.
This video from Joy of Baking shows how to make another version of Cranberry, Pear & Apple Crumble:
If you like this lightened up apple, pear, cranberry crisp with gingersnaps, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly dessert recipes including: Apple Pear Compote with Honey & Maple Syrup, Healthy Apple Harvest Cake, Healthy Baked Apples, Skinny Apple Brownies and Apple Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
If you’ve made this cranberry crisp, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Apple Pear Cranberry Crisp with Gingersnap Topping
For the Fruit Filling
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
For the Topping
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 gingersnaps, crushed
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Preheat your oven to 375F degrees.
- Prepare the fruit filling: Place the apples, pears and cranberries in the baking pan. Sprinkle with the sugar and stir to combine.
- Prepare the gingersnap topping: In a small bowl, stir together the oats, brown sugar, flour, crushed gingersnaps, butter and canola oil until crumbly.
- Spread the crumbly oat mixture over the apple, pears and cranberries.
- Bake until the fruit mixture is tender and the topping is golden brown, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Delicious when served warm with a small scoop of light vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch as The Fit and Fabuless Mama demonstrates how to make an easy 3-ingredient apple dessert with graham crackers:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Apple Dessert Recipes:
Open-Faced Apple S’mores (HungryGirl)
Mini Cinnamon Apple Tarts (EmilyBites)
Chocolate Caramel Apple Muffins (DrizzleMeSkinny)
Healthy Upside-Down Apple Pie (HungryGirl)
Delightfully Baked Apples (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!