Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots
(34 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I love most any kind of chocolate covered fruit, and especially dark chocolate dipped apricots.
There’s something about the combination of a sweet and slightly chewy plump dried apricot and crunchy dark chocolate that never fails to delight my taste buds.
And unlike fresh fruit, dried apricots are available all year round, so I can indulge whenever I want.
The Skinny on Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots
I buy the big bag of Sunsweet Premium Mediterranean Apricots (affiliate link) at Costco, so it’s always ready and waiting in the pantry, along with a stash of dark chocolate, for when a craving strikes.
Simple and delicious, these dark chocolate dipped apricots are a great easy healthy way to satisfy my sweet tooth for just 34 calories—a bargain—if there ever was one!
They are a sweet treat I never feel guilty about indulging in.
Sometimes, simple is best.
According to my calculations, each serving has 34 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these simple dark chocolate dipped dried apricots, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: WW Chocolate Souffles, No-Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies, Double German Chocolate Mini Cupcakes, WW Chocolate Mint Bars and Chocolate Mousse
If you’ve made this Chocolate Dipped Apricots, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Dark Chocolate Dipped Apricots Recipe
- 2 ounces dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 18 dried apricots (preferably Sunsweet)
- Line a large plate or baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in a small heat resistant bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Remove from the heat. (Or, melt the chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to heat in 15-second increments until melted.)
- Dip half of a dried apricot in the melted chocolate and let the excess drip off. Place the apricot on the wax paper lined plate. Repeat with the remaining apricots.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has set, about 20 minutes.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Recipes with Chocolate Made Lighter for Weight Watchers
- Peanut, Butter, Chocolate Oatmeal Bake (HungryGirl)
- Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fruit Dip (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- 5-Ingredient Chocolate Cheesecake Cups (SkinnyTaste)
- WW Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Bark (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods (SkinnyKitchen)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!