WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Chicken with Creamy Corn
(300 calories | 6 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This easy easy crock pot chicken thighs and creamy corn was a big hit with Rod. Born and raised in the midwest, he loves simple comfort food best.
And it doesn’t get much simpler or more comforting than crock pot chicken thighs and creamy corn.
With just a few ingredients it’s a snap to toss together too.
I got the idea from one of my favorite cookbooks of the moment, 365 Slow Cooker Suppers by Stephanie O’Dea. Unfortunately it doesn’t include nutritional information, a bummer for Weight Watchers.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Creamy Corn
The original recipe called for frozen corn and cream cheese. I substituted with what I had in the pantry: canned corn and canned creamed corn, and skipped the cream cheese.
And I tried to bump up the flavor by adding basil and McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning . But use whatever seasoning you like best.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Slow Cooker Cream Corn Chicken?
According to my calculations, each serving has 300 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you enjoy this recipe for chicken with creamy corn, be sure to check out my other WW friendly crock pot recipes including Slow Cooker Chicken Ala King, 2-Ingredient BBQ Chicken, Easy Crock Pot Chicken & Potatoes, Slow Cooked Maple Mustard Chicken and 4-Ingredient Goddess Chicken
If you’ve made this Slow Cooked Cream Corn Chicken/strong>, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Creamy Corn
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (5 ounces each)
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) corn, well drained
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) creamed corn
- Salt and pepper or seasoning to taste (I used Montreal Chicken seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons quick tapioca
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh basil, for serving (if desired)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size 2 to 3-Quart.
- Grease the slow cooker.
- Stir together the corn, creamed corn, tapioca, and basil and pour into the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken well with your favorite seasoning blend or salt and pepper. (I used Montreal chicken seasoning.)
- Snuggle the chicken thighs on top of the corn mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove chicken. Stir the corn mixture well. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Stir in fresh chopped basil if using.
- Serve chicken with a sauce of the creamed corn.
- Or shred chicken and stir into the corn mixture and eat like a thick stew.
Recipe source: adapted from 365 Slow Cooker Suppers by Stephanie O’Dea
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like Crock Pot Chicken, you might also like:
- Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing
- Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Beer
- Skinny Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!