(Weight Watchers Crock Pot Cooking Day 181 – Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Creamy Corn)
This easy easy crock pot chicken thighs and creamy corn was a big hit with Rod. Born and raised in the midwest, he loves simple comfort food best.
And it doesn’t get much simpler or more comforting than crock pot chicken thighs and creamy corn.
With just a few ingredients it’s a snap to toss together too.
I got the idea from one of my favorite cookbooks of the moment, 365 Slow Cooker Suppers by Stephanie Odea. (Unfortunately it doesn’t include nutritional information, a bummer for Weight Watchers.)
The Skinny on Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Creamy Corn
The original recipe called for frozen corn and cream cheese. I substituted with what I had in the pantry: canned corn and canned creamed corn, and skipped the cream cheese.
And I tried to bump up the flavor by adding basil and McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning. But use whatever seasoning you like best.
Each serving has 300 calories and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Creamy Corn
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs 5 ounces each
- 1 can 14 to 15 ounces corn, well drained
- 1 can 14 to 15 ounces creamed corn
- Salt and pepper or seasoning to taste I used Montreal Chicken seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil optional
- 2 tablespoons quick tapioca
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh basil for serving if desired
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size 2 to 3-Quart
- Grease the slow cooker.
- Stir together the corn, creamed corn, tapioca, and basil and pour into the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken well with your favorite seasoning blend or salt and pepper. (I used Montreal chicken seasoning.)
- Snuggle the chicken thighs on top of the corn mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove chicken. Stir the corn mixture well. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Stir in fresh chopped basil if using.
- Serve chicken with a sauce of the creamed corn.
- Or shred chicken and stir into the corn mixture and eat like a thick stew.
Source: adapted from 365 Slow Cooker Suppers
*PointsPlus® for crock pot chicken thighs with creamy corn calculated by by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked crock pot chicken thighs with creamy corn you might also like:
Today’s Food for Thought…
“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
~ E. E. Cummings
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!