WW Recipe of the Day: 2-Ingredient Baked Barbecue Chicken for Two
(244 calories | *1-6 WW SmartPoints)
I grew up with Oakland, California’s best BBQ close at hand. I grew to love those sticky, slightly sweet, pungent moments when the paper plate was filled with meat, slaw, and potatoes. Cups of sauce were passed around and we were happy kids.
With those indelible memories, I thought it might be hard to find a satisfying BBQ recipe that was both easy and easy on the fat and calories. This method of cooking chicken breasts, which tend to become easily dry, works beautifully.
The trick to creating great Barbecue for Two in less than an hour is to bake the chicken on a rack, over a sheet pan or cookie sheet so that it crisps up. You’ll avoid steaming it this way. Also, finish it up under the broiler to really get it crisp and authentic.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Low-Fat Barbecue Baked Chicken?
According to my calculations, each serving has 244 calories, and *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints (using regular Barbecue Sauce ). Turn this into a dish with just *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint by substituting your favorite sugar-free Barbecue Sauce .
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Easy 2-Ingredient Baked BBQ Chicken Recipe Notes
Start to finish, this is great Barbeque in less than an hour. The trick to the flavor is to bake the chicken on a rack, over a sheet pan or cookie sheet so that it crisps up. You’ll avoid steaming it this way. Also, finish it up under the broiler to really get it crisp and authentic.
Easy Baked Barbecue Chicken Serving Suggestions
Ways to Use BBQ Chicken Leftovers
Leftover BBQ is always good for lunch if you manage to have a small amount left. Delicious cold or wrapped in foil and gently reheated for 15 minutes in a 350F degree oven until warm. It would be wonderful in the BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad.
If you’ve made this Low-Fat Barbecue Baked Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy 2-Ingredient Bake Barbecue Chicken
- 1 large (10-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper, if desired
- Heat the oven to 400F degrees. Spray a oven roasting rack and place over a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place chicken on rack. Brush 2 tablespoons sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes, basting with barbecue sauce after 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken, baste with 2 tablespoons of the sauce and continue baking for 10 minutes or until chicken is firm throughout and registers 165F on a thermometer.
- Turn the oven control to broil. Flip the chicken one more time, baste lightly again and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the top is crispy.
- Remove from the oven. Slice and serve with the remaining sauce.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Easy BBQ Baked Chicken, you might also like
- 2-Ingredient Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- WW Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!