(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 177 – Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs)
We really like chicken thighs cooked in the slow cooker.
They turn out much more moist and tender than chicken breasts.
The points plus value is a little higher but I think it’s worth it.
Life is too short to eat dry, stringy chicken, which can happen easily if you cook chicken breasts too long in the slow cooker.
Needless to say, I’m always on the lookout for simple, delicious crock pot chicken thigh recipes.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs
This Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken thighs recipe couldn’t be simpler or more Weight Watchers friendly. Just season your chicken well with your favorite spice blend (I used Montreal Chicken Seasoning) and pop them in the slow cooker. Then drizzle on balsamic vinegar and let them cook until tender.
If you want to pretty them up for serving, arrange the thighs on a platter and garnish with chopped fresh tomatoes and basil, creating a bruschetta effect.
Each serving has 172 calories and 4 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil, for garnish if desired
- ¼ cup fresh chopped tomatoes, for garnish if desired
- Ideal slow cooker size: 1-1/2 to 2-Quart
- Grease slow cooker.
- Season the chicken thighs all over with Montreal chicken seasoning or other seasoning of your choice
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour over the balsamic vinegar
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken thighs are tender when pierced with a fork.
- To serve, place on a platter, drizzle with juices from the crock pot. Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and basil if desired.
*PointsPlus® for crock pot balsamic chicken thighs calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked crock pot balsamic chicken thighs, you might also like…
Today’s Food for Thought
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
~ Thomas Edison
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!