(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 46 – Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Apple Casserole)
I have a new favorite slow cooker sweet potato recipe.
This slow cooker sweet potato apple casserole.
Prior to discovering it in Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes! and testing it out, my favorite crock pot sweet potato dish had been this Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Applesauce recipe from Betty Crocker.
It had become my go-to way to prepare sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving.
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away?
I’ve gotta get a move on if I’m going to cook and post all the great slow cooker Thanksgiving recipes I wanted to try!
The recipe instructions said to cook this slow cooker sweet potato apple casserole directly in a 2 to 3-Quart crock pot. But, I decided to put it in a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish that I placed inside my 6-Quart cooker instead.
I cut back just a little on the butter, coconut and brown sugar since we don’t like our sweet potatoes too sweet.
Both Rod and I loved the combination of textures and flavors.
It’s definitely a recipe I plan to make again.
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, ginger and salt until well blended. Set aside
- Coat a baking dish that will fit in your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange half the sweet potato slices in the baking dish.
- Cover the sweet potatoes with the apple slices.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar mixture over the apples.
- Arrange the remaining sweet potato slices over the apples.
- Sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over the sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 5 to 7 hours.
- Combine the coconut and chopped pecans and sprinkle over the sweet potato apple casserole.
- Uncover and cook 10 minutes more.
Source: slightly adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker sweet potato apple casserole calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this slow cooker sweet potato apple casserole you might also like:
Here’s what I used to make this easy and delicious slow cooker sweet potato apple casserole!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.