This simple corn salad is a wonderful way to take advantage of the delicious fresh corn flooding the markets during the summer months.
The corn looked so fresh and delicious when I shopped Sunday morning I ended up buying way more than I needed and have been looking for ways to use it ever since.
We’ve enjoyed corn fritters, corn chowder and this delicious simple summer corn salad that can be tossed together in one bowl.
I love corn and tomatoes together. If you don’t or if you want to make this corn salad ahead and chill it, leave the tomatoes out completely or add them just before serving.
Tomatoes are so much better when never exposed to the chill of the fridge, so let them hang out on the counter.
- 6 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the fresh corn in a large pot of salted water. My preferred way to do this is to place the corn in a large pot of boiling salted water, allow the water to come back to a boil, turn off the heat, cover the pot and let sit for ten minutes. Plunge the corn into cold water to cool and drain.
- Cut the corn kernals from the cob into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine. Enjoy.
Corn Salad Recipe Variations
To give this corn salad a southwestern slant add ½ teaspoon cumin and ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro.
For an Italian twist, add ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Note: If your corn is super fresh you could skip the boiling step altogether and when fresh corn isn’t in season substitute 3 cups frozen corn cooked according to it’s package directions.
If you liked this corn salad recipe and post, check out these links:
- My post on How to Boil Corn on the Cob
- My post and recipe for Brown Rice with Tomatoes and Basil
- A recipe for Summer Corn Salad with cucumber, green pepper and radishes from Weight Watchers
- A recipe for Mexican Grilled Corn and Mango Salad with jicama from Weight Watchers
- A recipe for summer tomatoes, corn, crab and avocado salad from SkinnyTaste
If this is your first time visiting Simple Nourished Living – welcome! If you like what you have found, please join me on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest or sign up to have my recipes and posts delivered by email. I’m always sharing easy, practical ideas for living happy, healthy and slim.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.